Does anyone use some sort of Agreement for sellers of a property to sign that says closed house conditions were kept for 12 hours prior to the start of a radon test and for the term of the sampling? Seems to me this would be a good idea. If anyone has something like that would you mind sharing it?
RADON INSPECTION DECLARATION OF VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE
As the responsible party for the test location listed below, I hereby acknowledge receipt of the EPA’s “Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide to Radon”. I further understand that potential purchasers and/or lenders will be making important decisions pending the outcome of this test. Given this information I hereby certify that:
(1) I agree to keep this house closed (except for normal entry and exit) for approximately 12 hours prior to the start of the test. (NOTE: Minimum of 12 hours needed )
(2) I agree to keep all doors and windows shut during the entire test period except for normal entry and exit.
(3) I will not knowingly alter the test environment in any way including, but not limited to, raising or lowering the thermostat(s) or changing HVAC fan controls.
(4) I will not tamper with, remove or change the location of the test device(s).
(5) I will report any circumstances that occur during the test that may influence the final results.
(6) If I have any questions about the test I will contact the testing firm immediately.
Occupant __________________________ Occupant or Responsible Party ________________________
Address ___________________________ Date ______________
City ______________________________ Technician :
State _____________ Zip _____________ Date ______________
u.s.** epa guidelines for radon testing******
the united states environmental protection agency (epa) has established
protocols which must be followed when conducting a radon measurement.
these standards must be followed in order to achieve reliable test results.
“closed house condition”
one strictly enforced requirement is that of “closed house conditions.”
this important part of the test is necessary to qualify the
potential health risk to the occupants.
violation may cause fluctuations in the measurement **
which may result in an invalid test!**
comply with closed house conditions as follows:
· all external doors and windows must be closed 12 hours prior to, and all during the performance of the radon test. Doors can only be opened for a few minutes at a time to enter or leave the premises.
· electric attic or whole house fans, fireplaces, electrostatic precipitators, window air conditioners (unless the system has the capability of indoor air circulation), and other external-internal air exchange systems (other than furnace), should not be operated during the 12 hours prior to testing and during the testing period.
**it is necessary that the above closed house conditions **
be met as closely as can be reasonably expected.
epa guidelines recommend that measurement companies make a conscientious effort to detect any attempt by the occupant or anyone else to alter a
radon measurement that is being made for real estate purposes.
if you have any questions regarding these important house conditions, contact your radon measurement company.
i agree to the aforementioned conditions.
homeowner or client:_______________________________________date:__________________****
a signed non-interference agreement
Awesome guys. Just what I was looking for. Thank you.
Thanks Nick. I knew you must have something in that bag of tricks. I just couldn’t find it when I searched the site.
I hear ya, the bag is getting bigger every day.
Anyone have any difficultly in having the seller sign the InterNACHI Test in Progress form and if so do you note it on the form and file it?
A seller refusing to sign it is almost as good as them signing it IMHO. Tell your client and keep on a goin’.