Seller strong arm tactics

Heading out the door but just got a call(always when walking out:shock:)from potential client who called earlier for Monday appointment.
Seems the seller wants no contingency or inspection to occur on a $1,000,000 condo Downtown.

The buyer is walking.

Sellers will do anything to shaft someone out of their life savings and we need to be there to protect them.

[quote=“belliott, post:1, topic:63417”]

Seems the seller wants no contingency or inspection to occur on a $1,000,000 condo Downtown.
QUOTE]

Could it be the seller is “telling something”?

[quote=“jwilliams4, post:2, topic:63417”]

More like hiding something.

Bad for the clients and bad for the business.

[quote=“belliott, post:3, topic:63417”]

That’s what he’s “telling”…that he’s hiding something.

I think this sort of thing happens more often than we might realize.

[quote=“jwilliams4, post:4, topic:63417”]

You talking to yourself again Jae ?
They make pills for that.:slight_smile:

If the Seller is not willing to Negotiate…
Why would the Seller accept an Inspection Clause?

There is always more to this dynamic
than you will ever know…

And
I do not want to know…

A Property…

It **Is **what is Is

As reported…

Very true but it is still bad for us as Inspectors and bad for a client that wants to know what they are buying.
Would you or anyone else here spend $1,000,000 on something they can not see touch or examine?
No sane person would.

I have been doing many inspections that the seller is selling as is so no room for negotiations, but never have they refused the buyer from having an inspection.

Jim

Several years ago the developers were limiting inspections to 45 minutes at some of the new high rises while a flunky stood around with a stop watch.
I always left all the panels off and open.:slight_smile:

Most Real Estate contracts of sale include an inspection contingency clause. This means that the seller, by signing the contract of sale, has agreed to the inspection. I have had a couple of sellers (or builders) show up at the inspection and tell me that I can’t do an inspection (usually, because they say that it is an “as is” sale).

I, calmly, explain to them that the contract of sale, which they signed, has an inspection contingency and that they only way that they can prohibit an inspection is to tear up the contract and pay the buyer a penalty fee (or, at least, give back the earnest money).

I tell them to contact their lawyer (and/or agent) and advise the buyer likewise.

Many new construction contracts, in this area, where the agent works for the developer and is, more often than not, serving as duel agency, specifically prohibit an inspection. If the buyer signs one of those, they are screwed.

Just another reason to have your own RE lawyer and read (and have your lawyer read!) everything before you sign.

Hope this helps;