Service equipment too low?

Never saw this before - The top of the service panel in the garage was about 3 feet above the slab. Can’t find any minimum height requirements in my reference materials. I have concerns about the panel being buried behind storage, the proximity of the lawnmower and gas to the panel, and the possibility of mechanical damage. Any thoughts? :-k

low panel.JPG

It appears as if no requirements exist for height. NEC simply talks about the required working space which is required to be clear space, no storage allowed. There is no exception to parking a vehicle in that required working space.

From the 2008 NEC.

• 110.26 Spaces About Electrical Equipment.
    • Sufficient access and working space shall be provided and maintained about all electrical equipment to permit ready and safe operation and maintenance of such equipment.
      • (B) Clear Spaces. Working space required by this section shall not be used for storage. When normally enclosed live parts are exposed for inspection or servicing, the working space, if in a passageway or general open space, shall be suitably guarded.

There is no minimum height, only a maximum.

That explains why I couldn’t find it LOL. Thanks Jeff - Happy Thanksgiving. :smiley:

I see how you are Bill leaving me out lol :wink: Just messing with you.

Sorry - Thanks Bill