Sewer scopes. I have some questions

Those who do sewer scopes I have some questions.

1. How much do you charge?

2. How many do you do per week? Are most with inspections or standalone?

3. Are most cleanouts accessible or do you have to remove a toilet, etc.?

4. I heard sewerscan training is very good. Is this true?

Thank you very much to anyone who takes the time to answer these.

Oh Jesus Christ! You again??

12 Likes
  1. The avg rate of the avg plumber in my area.

2. A lot.

3. We don’t remove toilets. IMHO, only a plumber is authorized to put them back, though your local laws may vary.

4. InterNACHI training is the way to go.

2 Likes

Thanks Ian. What area area are you in? What does the plumber in your area charge? And how many do you do per week on average? With or without an inspection?

If this is too many questions or it’s too personal, don’t hesitate to tell me to F off. Lol.

Ian Mayer, CMIimayerCertified Master Inspector

12m

1. The avg rate of the avg plumber in my area.
  2. A lot.
  3. We don’t remove toilets. IMHO, only a plumber is authorized to put them back, though your local laws may vary.
  4. InterNACHI training is the way to go.

IM Home Inspections, LLC
Certified Master Inspector Certified Sewer Inspector Woodland Hills, CA 818-298-3405 Home Inspector for the San Fernando Valley, Conejo Valley and Santa Clarita Valley
Certified Sewer Inspector

San Fernando Valley Home Inspector on Facebook
San Fernando Valley Home Inspector on Twitter
Video on Cheap Home Inspector vs Quality Home Inspector

Does this info not show up in his reply to you?

4 Likes

No. It didn’t show.

The question has to be asked.

3 Likes

Well, now you have it.

Thank you.

I’m surprise he didn’t ask what kind of car do you need to buy to put the sewer scope in. WAFI

5 Likes

mp2

7 Likes

Does the client and/or realtor ever get upset when you cant do the scope because you have to get a plumber to remove the toilet? I’m assuming you don’t charge them in that situation correct?

Also, how many times does a scope end with you having poo on you?

Let’s just say you should make sure you’re current on your hep A vaccine.

2 Likes

Good point thanks.

1 Like

Can’t be as bad as the guy that pumped my septic tanks last week. :poop:

2 Likes

I agree! He needs to learn how to google.

4 Likes
  1. How much do you charge?
    As many have told you so many times – these numbers are irrelevant to you. You’re not in my market, we’re not on the same plane, and we don’t offer the same things or have the same expenses. My sewer inspections start at $225

2. How many do you do per week? Are most with inspections or standalone?
    90% of my home inspections include a sewer inspection in my market. This is irrelevant information to you. We inspect in different areas and have different business plans.

3. Are most cleanouts accessible or do you have to remove a toilet, etc.?
    Again, for me… thats going to vary because it will be dependent on your market, standard at the time of build etc… I don’t remove toilets, in fact I don’t do sewer inspections, i sub-contract them, and although my contractor does remove toilets, when the option presents itself I tell the client there should be an accessible cleanout and they should either a) hire a plumber to do so or b) add an accessible cleanup.

4. I heard sewerscan training is very good. Is this true?
    Hmm, I prefer to add professional services without any training or knowledge of the subject.

P.S. Lastly a bit of sarcasm, but I hope I don’t come of a bit too curt, but if you’re having issues figuring out pricing and figures for home inspections and rolling out the basics, I would highly suggest to not even contemplate sewer inspections for awhile.

1 Like

Really why is that?

2 Likes