Should inspectors wear hard hats

You need to stop dropping that in the mud. :joy:

1 Like

Comes with a built in chin strap. Very handy! :laughing:

During the time I spent in Mexico trying to help develop an inspection industry there, the Mexican guy I worked with insisted that Inspectors should wear hardhats (kind of a macho thing down there). I argued with him to no avail. It was really funny the way it fell off every time he bent over. He’s have a flashlight in one hand and and a phone in the other and the hardhat would go bouncing across the floor again… :rofl:

3 Likes

That looks more like some sort of battle helmet using by those real short desert warriors that lost every battle they fought except the ones they fought against the armadillos. It is quite the fashion statement, though.

If you are an employee of a Company you fall under Osha requirements, if you work for yourself you dont.

1 Like

REQUIRED … NO

Good Idea Sometimes … YES

I only wear one for photo shoots these days, haha.

3 Likes

This bump cap thingy, does it protect against nail punctures? I am thinking asphalt shingles and 98 plus degree attics.
Thanks

If you feel it is required, I don’t see any reason not to. When a home inspector inspects a home being erected many times a hard hat, puncture resistant soles and safety glasses are required.

2 Likes

Yes. I am sure it has limits but it will save your noggin.

1 Like

In other words you think this will stop nail penetration? Or you mean ‘nails are the limit?’ add a headlamp and we good to go.

I have bumped plenty of nails with it. I guess if I stood straight up full force it might pop thru. But, for normal bumps it really helps.

2 Likes

The bump caps are nice. Saved me from many bruises and nails in the head. Helps with the sweat, and holds my headlamp more secure. Took me a few days to get use to it, but now I don’t want to be without one. Definitely recommend giving it a try.

2 Likes

To hell with OSHA and any other agency or person.
The first time you get a nail to the head, you will wear protection, whatever that be.
Stay safe out there!!

3 Likes

I find that I am more likely to bump my head wearing a hat. The visor blocks my field of view.

5 Likes

At this price, you can’t afford ‘not’ to wear one!!

3 Likes

Exactly, the first cap I ever bought had a full visor and it sucked. So I bought the micro visor with a chin strap. It works well in crawlspaces on your belly when you are trying to peer up. The chin strap obviously keeps it from rolling off your head while doing crawlspace contortions. That was my second lesson.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBDHYYZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

It’s game time when I get into crawlspaces and attics - I wear mine backwards… Visor is a non issue for me. If it is for you, buy the micro visor version.

Personally, I feel like wearing it backwards helps keep the insulation off of and out of my neck.

4 Likes