Siding type?

This is a new one for me, 1960’s era home, with a cement like siding. It looks like a paneled siding, it appears to be attached to the house, not solid concrete. It appears durable, customer was wondering what it was (and so am I)

House was added on to, so it is on the original part of the house, not the garage.

Anyone?

You say it “appears durable”… is it? Did you tap on it? Any give to it? How did it sound when tapped? Possible EIFS ???

Mike, my brother bought a place a few years back that had walls similar. They were precast concrete about 2 1/2 to 3" thick. The panels were about 24" wide and 8’ + tall stood on end around the entire perimeter of the home. The inside and outside were furred out and siding and drywall or paneling was installed.

It was used in a limited fashion back in the 50’s and 60’s in various parts of the country according to Gerry Beaumont when I posted pictures back when.

It may be something similar.

That’s what it looked like to me also, but Mike inferred it was not, thus my request for more info above.

Sure looks like it but I did miss his “not solid concrete” note.

In the lower density ranges, lightweight concrete does not develop the compressive strength of plain concrete.

It’s a light weight concrete. I have only seen this on industrial and several homes.
The concrete was used in construing roofing decks on commercial application in the 50,s and 60’s.
First came across this in 1980.

New building with light weigh concrete.
You tube.

Lightweight concrete makes sense. The wall did vibrate when I pounded on it, not like a regular concrete wall. The interior is drywall and paneling.

Sure it is not concrete coated panel board?

With the exposed pebbles, it strikes me as a formed product. I get the idea that this is was laid flat in a form and stood up after it dried. It doesn’t strike me as concrete coated panel board.

It looks 3-4" think.
I will try to get more information.