Simpson Workshops

Originally Posted By: psisler
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

For those of you that are interested…Simpson is holding workshops in various areas in the coming months and weeks. For more information regarding workshop content and schedules visit the Workshops and Training section at www.strongtie.com/workshops

Patrick M. Sisler
Alta Sierra Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: rchoreyii

Patrick,

so you are from Grass Valley? I grew up there and graduated from Nevada Union in 1980, geuss I just gave my age up icon_lol.gif

How is the place? Haven't been up there since my folks moved away in 1990.

cheers

Ron

--
Ron Chorey
LAS CRUCES Home Inspections
rchorey@comcast.net
rchoreyii@nm.nachi.org

Hi Ron,

I sent you an e-mail.

Regards,

Patrick

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

If I were in commercial const. I would consider this, but they have nothing useful for homes…maybe a couple of things, but the majority will relate to commercial construction.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Kevin,

There are seminars for inspectors as well. Some of us do commercial inspections. Not ALL home inspectors are experts in this field. I just thought it would be good to put out some info for those that might like to broaden there experience, especially with all the questions that come up from time to time about the right connectors to use and where, that's all.

I see it all the time where homeowners use the wrong type equipment to build and repair their own homes and we should be aware of it. Just my own opinion.

Patrick

Originally Posted By: jwortham

And free training is priced right for me. Already signed up for the Chicago area one.

Thanks Patrick.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Patrick, true.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Your welcome Jeffrey

Thank you Kevin

Originally Posted By: staylor

I have attended a Simpson strongtie and connectors class in the past and will be attending one next week in Jacksonville Fl. These classes offer a wealth of information for inspectors. I can tell you that in Florida, many of the connectors are used in residential applications. I think you will find that the classes are not geared only towards commercial construction, but also go into great detail for residential applications. If there is a class available in your area, I would highly recommend it.

I do not work for Simpson and am not being compensated for the endorsement.

Steve Taylor
Taylor Inspection Services, Inc.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Thanks Steve,

See you on Thursday.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: staylor

I attended the class on Thursday and received 7 hours on cont. ed., breakfast, and lunch. The class is very useful for inspectors who do new construction inspections-residential and commercial. Also, they give you all of their technical data in catalogues and on cd. Very useful for me in the field. The training facility in Jacksonville is top notch. They have all sorts of demos set up for wood construction and masonry applications. I would recommend this class for anyone doing new construction monitoring inspections.

Greg, I have your training manual and cd and will bring it with me to the chapter meeting on Saturday.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Thank You Steve

Two clients needed inspections yesterday. I will keep up with the schedule so that I may attend in the future.

See you tomorrow

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service