Skylight flashing

Any step flashing?

yup:cool:

Erik, one thing to look for is proper insulation in the attic as well. I looked at a house in September and the flacking was perfect. The attic insulation around the skylight looked well done. This winter they had ice damming around the skylight due to the insulation no being perfectly tight to the roof decking. Because they had installed plywood at the top of the chase inside the attic I didn’t see it. made a real mess of the ceiling. The previos owner knew about but “forgot” to mention it. They are paying for the damages and repairs. Just some food for thought. Take a really good look at those buggers. I have started to add ice damming verbiage into the skylight section to cover my a s s.

This house had the original 1977 insulation in the attic I could access, not upgraded, they did have an ice dam problem over the eaves last winter (“but doesn’t everybody?”, uh no,), there was dormant ‘mold like substance’ on the rafters, which were dry when inspected. But the roofing job supposedly done in 2010, was first class. There was also an open gap or crack where the skylight frame joined the ceiling. The ceiling with the (2) skylights was a cathedral ceiling, and could not be inspected. All noted on the report.

Hopefully my butt is kevlar and nomex.

Didya notice the turbo ventilator with its hood up? It was getting new plugs and oil change.

It is the upper side, you can tell by the way the shingles lay. The head flashing definitely goes under the shingles, the flashing on the lower side lays on top. The other skylight has already been “repaired”