Spectora Next Gen Review 4/10/2023

Detroit, 1969

4 Likes

I tried the Next Gen Spectora…once. Sticking with the legacy product. Maybe it was just my comfort level but like some others have stated…between the lag and it crashed on me a couple of times. I gave them a list of things to look at/fix after using it and hopefully it’ll get better. For now…Legacy.

I’ve used nextgen for the last 20 inspections or so. iPhone XR / Samsung tablet
It’s laggy at times
Seem like it’s getting worse with each update
Website has been lagging this week
At least one time per inspection will reload when I take a picture causing me to have to take another picture.
Will not show full report on tablet
It didn’t built report on tablet one time, I found out on sight with no service and had to use iPhone.
With that being said
I still like it better than the light blue version but you should test it before an actual paid inspection. You have to download TestFlight to get it to work.

1 Like

What is TestFlight? I didn’t download it when I tried Next Gen.

When I first tried to use dark blue. It would not work at all. I messaged Spectora. They said I have to download TestFlight. It’s in the App Store. It’sa program on your device, you wouldn’t even know it’s there.

1 Like

Light Blue VS Dark Blue. I like that, lol.

LoL
That’s how the Spectora rep explained it

1 Like

I just performed a small mock inspection on Next Gen for the first time and immediately found a major bug for my use. I only use one defect category and that is my template setting. When I created a report, it listed 3 category defect icons at the top of the summary and my defects / narratives were categorized with whatever category it was originally set to in the template. At least on Legacy, I could change that on the app during an inspection or if I caught it when editing. On Next Gen, there is NOWHERE to change the category…not in the app and not in the template (edit: when your defect category is set to ONE in template settings). They created a trouble ticket and said for me to stick with Legacy for now :confused:

1 Like

Do you have a screenshot of what you are describing? I went and looked at the one I did and it all appears normal. I use two defect categories.

There were 8 defects in my mock report and all should be orange. You’ll see 3 icons at the top. Notice the blue says “0” but two of the defects were listed in blue.

Interesting. What does it look like on desktop? I can’t go back and view mine on mobile because I uninstalled the Next Gen app. I guess I could go reinstall it to see if mine is doing the same. But can’t say I noticed that at the time.

I already deleted everything and reverted back. Didn’t get a screenshot of that. Already spent way too much time today on an issue that wasn’t on the to do list today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: I’m on iPhone 13 Pro

2 Likes

David, I had the same bug. I had switched template styles to go from 3 categories to 1. Apparently the software can fix it. The only fix I found was to go through the template and change every comment manually. Took about a half hour but now all my comments on nextgen show up orange and in the same category

1 Like

Good info Dylan…

And, welcome to our forum. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Dylan, welcome to the forum! I understand although my situation was different. I have many templates and I also purchased a template that I pull from on occasion that has thousands of narratives. It would have taken me weeks to make those changes. Fortunately, Spectora took care of those changes for me on all templates, except the Master copy I made of the purchased one.

2 Likes