Spectora templet questions

who can help me with a few templet question?

Nobody because you did not ask any.

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Henry!..Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I am looking for a qualified person to help answer a few questions on the templets

I hope you know that Spectora has a pretty good live chat support during the day. Until then we’ll wait for a “qualified” person to show up :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Simon, Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome Henry! Don’t be afraid to ask and be sure to duck… :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Hi Henry!
Welcome to the forum! I’ve used Spectora for years and love it. Feel free to email me with your questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Cheers,
Bruce

2 Likes

I am a new inspector having some roadblocks with Spectora’s online scheduler, agreements, and placeholders in my agreements.

My pricing structure uses a base inspections price plus modifiers and add ons. A bundle and save type set up so I have multiple services to select and multiple add ons to those services, this means multiple placeholders in each agreement or multiple agreements for stand alone services vs add on bundles services, and I missing something obvious?

Services setup:
Home Inspections: with modifiers for sq footage, age, and mileage + add ons at a discounted for bundeling additional services.
Complete inspection: plus modifers for sq ft, age, and mileage + add ons for additional air samples and surface samples
limited inspection: with add ons for only additional air and surface sampling
Surface sampling service only: only add ons for additional surface samples.

Question 1. In the online scheduler I have found that the information the client inputs (sq ft and age of home) are not in depth enough to give accurate pricing. My services depend on thing Spectora doesn’t account for such as additional living quarter in a downstairs “apartment”, number of stories (3 stories vs a ranch home), detached structures like shops and garages etc. those are all easily verifiable things that effect their cost and in my unprofessional opinion wouldn’t be difficult for Spectora to add for modifiers…I’m finding I have to input them manually which leaves room for error and it’s just time consuming. I am paying a premium for a service and I want it to be as dummy proof as possible…I need all the help I can get! Lol

Question 2. If you are using similar pricing methods are you having a separate inspection agreement for a stand alone service vs a service + Add on services. To the best of my ability I haven’t found a way to keep the agreements simple and independent from each other unless I create separate agreements for add on services. I know this is confusing but I hope if you’ve used Spectora you’ve run into the same dynamic and have a simple solution.

Question 3. The way I have things set up I am still having to manually edit all pricing bc it’s entered inaccurately in the online scheduler. Often times the automatic address finder is way off from The actual sq ft and age of home. Obviously for someone who’s pricing structure revolves around modifiers this is problematic.
Are you guys waiting to show the customer a price until after your edits are made? Again I may be missing some obvious to you, but I am struggling with this. Looks amateur to be changing price like that in my opinion, especially when I’m marketing I use the “best software available to the market today”. Unless I advertise base prices on my website I don’t know how potential clients will be confident in scheduling an inspection without a dependable means of generated pricing via Spectoras online scheduler.

In my opinion Spectora has many awesome features and by far the best visual inspection report I’ve seen, BUT if these issues I’m running into can’t be resolved I don’t know if paying twice the cost of other reporting softwares is worth the addition overhead…

Any advise helps. Thanks in advance.

I don’t use the online scheduler but the same address finder is used when I manually set up inspections. It has never been accurate in the 1.5 years I have been using Spectora. They put out a message a while back saying they lost access to Zillow or something and they have not been able to find a reliable replacement to draw data from. I find the year-built is correct, but the sq. footage is always off.

1 Like

I was able to get some guidance on custom modifiers which answers some of my questions but much of my struggles are all interconnected…nothing is perfect including spectora, but im concerned the way i have things set up currently may drive business away due to complications and constant manual updating…

1 Like

That’s the trouble with online self scheduling. You have to rely on the client to input accurate data, which is just not going to happen reliably.

2 Likes

Ryan, how do you have it set up? Do you manually input property information and give them a quote before imputing it into your schedule?

Yes, I manually set mine up either in the app or on desktop. I do have a “get quote” form on my website that gets hit every now and again. It has them fill in the info and it sends an email to me. Then I just reply with any questions I have or with the quote if I feel they filled all the info in correctly.

1 Like

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Anytime!

I would use online scheduler, but I am not so busy that I can’t find a few minutes to talk with prospective clients. There are just too many variables in my large service area to leave it up to the client to enter them all, lol. Plus, as a newer inspector, I will adjust my prices as I see fit to fill my schedule if necessary. I’d rather miss out on a few clients who insist on not having to talk to a person, than have to perform inspections at rates below my comfort level. I’ve come to enjoy making it personal for the client and giving them a “full service” experience rather than a “McDonalds” experience.

2 Likes