Spectora & ISN....?

Here is my question. Is ISN still necessary with Spectora? Can Spectora handle back-office functions like scheduling, automated emails, agreements, etc… like ISN (yes, I know they are integrated)?

After 7 yrs with current software I am ready for a change. My current software offer back-office services but I chose not to use and instead integrated with ISN. The only thing I use reporting software for is the report.

If you have experience or 1st hand knowledge I would appreciate your help/opinion.

Thanks, Ryan
*If you are trolling forums and have no relevant info. pls don’t respond

1 Like

Hi Ryan,

I’m a new inspector in Texas, licensed since Aug, 2020. I have used Spectora only and can’t say enough good things about it. First of all, I have booked inspections based strictly on the strength of the “look and feel” of the reports.

But the answer to your question is a resounding YES. Spectora handles all the back-office stuff for me, scheduling, invoices, payments, pre-inspection agreements, automated e-mail, text messages, etc. A little bit of a learning curve on the automation stuff, but there is a tremendous amount of instructional content out there, a Spectora youtube channel for instance that has pretty much been able to answer any questions I have had. Oh yeah, and the reporting software is a no brainer to use. Even to satisfy the requirements of the Texas Real Estate Commission which requires reporting on a specific form promulgated by the state. In short I can’t say enough good things about the folks at Spectora, you are welcome to email me with any specific questions.

Happy Inspecting,
Jeff Skelton

5 Likes

To be honest, I see no need for ISN

1 Like

ISN has a lot of advanced features Specotra doesn’t have.

If you need those or not is entirely subjective.

1 Like

I am a new inspector having some roadblocks with Spectora’s online scheduler, agreements, and placeholders in my agreements.

My pricing structure uses a base inspections price plus modifiers and add ons. A bundle and save type set up so I have multiple services to select and multiple add ons (to choose) and this means multiple placeholders in each agreement or multiple agreements for stand alone services vs add on bundles services.

Home Inspections: with modifiers for sq footage, mileage + add ons at a discounted price for all my other services.
Complete inspection: plus modifers for sq ft and mileage + add ons for additional air samples and surface samples
limited inspection: with only add ons for additional air and surface sampling
Surface sampling service only: only add ons for additional samples.

Question 1. In the online scheduler I have found that the information the client inputs (sq ft and age of home) are not in depth enough to give accurate pricing. My services depend on thing Spectora doesn’t account for such as additional living quarter in a downstairs “apartment”, number of stories (3 stories vs a ranch home), detached structures like shops and garages etc. those are all verifiable things that effect their cost and I’m finding I have to input them manually which leaves room for error and it’s just time consuming.

Question 2. If you are using similar pricing methods are you having a separate inspection agreement for a stand alone service vs a service + Add on services. To the best of my ability I haven’t found a way to keep the agreements simple and independent from each other unless I create separate agreements for add on services.

Question 3. The way I have things set up I am still having to manually edit all pricing bc it’s entered inaccurately in the online scheduler. Often times the automatic address finder is way off from The actual sq ft. Are you guys waiting to show the customer a price until after your edits are made? Looks amateur to be changing price like that in my opinion, especially when I’m marketing I use the “best software” available to the market today. Unless I advertise base prices on my website I don’t know many people who will schedule an inspection without knowing any idea of roughly what it’s going to cost.

Any advise helps. Spectora has been a struggle to find any help from.

1 Like