SQ D 400 amp panel

Hard to say, without seeing the place, but my gut tells me you missed the first panel someplace. There are clearly two discos in that outdoor panel, and if they both had load side conductors, there are at least two panels somewhere. If you found a panel in the house, is there an outbuilding that the second breaker went to?

Awesome. Maybe I’m making the 100 amp part up. It was a Sunday inspection after all. And there was not a breaker for a 100 amp sub (or any sub) in either panel.

Heres a 600 amp setup, I wish the picture showed the little conduit leading to the meter base. I wonder how well calibrated these current sampling setups are? A small error on these can be a big deal once the multiplier factor is figured in on the bill.

The rest of the hvac units were on the other side of the house.

600amp.jpg

They’re generally very accurate.

Marc, Bruce did not say the panel was rated for 400 amps which is why I questioned it.
“Two separate disconnects” does not mean its 400 amps
Bruce, is the panel rated for 400 amps?
respectfully,
Peter

I don’t think they make a 200 amp panel that will hold wires and mounting space for two 200 amp main breakers. That one was labeled 400 amp, I was surprised it was not a 320 amp.

That was somewhat different than what I normally see around here.

Usually they use a 320 or 400 amp meter base with all the connections in there. Then they run feeds straight to two seperate 200 amp distribution panels. Also, if the cable distance is more than 10 feet they will put two 200 amp disconnect boxes next to the meter panel.

Here’s a 320/400 setup with the exterior disconnects in seperate 200 amp boxes:

DSC03142.JPG