Stench

Originally Posted By: kbowles
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I did an HVAC replacement in a home like this once. The system we were replacing was only 1 YEAR OLD but when the ammonia in the air hit the wet coil, it turns corosive and eats up the coils. The DAY AFTER we replaced the system, we had to replace the electronic thermostat as the ammonia had eaten up the electronic board, IN JUST ONE DAY!! When I first got to the home, I asked the man point blank if the ammonia smell was from his dogs or if he was cleaning, he said, “Do you smell ammonia?” My eyes were watering it was so damn strong and it burned my nose, yet he couldn’t smell it anymore. Carpet was even wet from the dog pee. Just plain gross. (good profit margin in that job though LMAO)

Kevin B

--
Life's a journey, not a destination.
Aerosmith

Originally Posted By: dandersen

Kevin,

Do you own the HVAC company? Or is this why your a HI now? ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: kbowles

LOL David,

No I didn't own the company, I was merely the sales person for them. And I guess it's an "out of the pot, into the kettle" kinda thing isn't it?

Kevin B

--
Life's a journey, not a destination.
Aerosmith

Originally Posted By: jwilliams4

Shoot–I owned my HVAC business until I went absolutely

out of my mind. Now I are a HI...???

--
"not just an inspection, but an education"

Originally Posted By: mcyr

icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

REZ-SEAL by the EUCLID manufacturer.

Acrylic cure and seal for old and new concrete.

Wash floor with hot water and ammonia, let dry and seal floor with the REZ-SEAL. Odor will be gone and future urine and what else will not penetrate the concrete.

Marcel