Stubbed gas line behind wall

A am doing an inspection where i found a stubbed gas line behind an electrical plate screwed into a panelled wall. The access hole is only about 1" diameter just big enough to see the cap on the gas pipe. Is this O,K, or is complete accessibility and a valve required?