Suggestion for a "NACHI Foundation" fund raiser!

Originally Posted By: jtedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi Nick:

I would like to donate a copy of my first 1990 edition of this "Basic Checklists for Building Electrical Inspections" to be reproduced by your publishing house as a:

"NACHI Foundation" fund raiser.

It was based on the 1990 NEC and sold for $15.00.

This book was a result of my experiences when I worked in the field as an electrical inspector in California.

I want nothing in return, only that NACHI will make use of it as I suggested.

I don't have the masters prints, but it is in black and white and can be copied and formated as you want.

Quote:
Basic Checklists for Building Electrical Inspections

This book outlines the basic electrical wiring needs, that will help to heighten the electrical inspectors awareness of acceptable materials, techniques, and includes time proven personal opinions and informal interpretations of the NEC.

All wiring and equipment, whether it is exposed or concealed, must be inspected during the construction or re-inspection of a building. The suggestions in this book, along with the practical knowledge of electrical systems, good judgment, actual field experience, along with a current NEC, will provide the basis for a well-performed electrical inspection.

In this text the author, Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant, provides the reader with his experiences and knowledge gained while being employed as a journeyman and master electrician, electrical designer, electrical inspector, electrical instructor, editor, and electrical code consultant since 1957.

Included is an overall summary of the basic electrical inspection and plan review process for new existing one, two, and multifamily dwellings and other residential units.

Comprised of real life actual experiences, examples of typical hazards and problems, on-the-job checklists, this book serves as a basic guide for the novice or as a review for the experienced electrical inspector, helping to ensure safe and efficient electrical installations.

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: dharris

If the foundation wants to take bids on copys via the BB I’ll start at $50.00

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Joe,

This sounds great. Please contact Gary Johnson to work out the details.

Thanks,

John

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Thank you Joe.

The Foundation will take donations of all sorts, not just inspection-related items.

Thanks again Joe.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Phil Naas

InspectionDesign.com will donate a website that includes setup, design, and one year hosting and maintenance for this effort. The highest bidder get a website, NACHI foundation gets the cash!!

NACHI has partnered with InsepctionDesign.com to provide professional yet affordable websites to NACHI members. After meeting with Nick Gromicko, NACHI's Executive Director, a website was created specifically for the Home Inspector's needs in mind.

Consumers are using the web to meet their business needs now more than ever. Don’t miss the opportunity to increase your business. Please visit www.InspectionDesign.com or contact for more information at contact@inspectiondesign.com.

Phil Naas
Impact Marketing
InspectionDesign.com
303-258-8036
Golden, CO 80403

Phil,

This is great. Please contact Gary Johnson or Dan Frend to make arrangements. Or send me an email and I will get it to the appropriate foundations members. Please visit www.nachifoundation.org for further details.

Hello John:

When will I be able to find the bidding for the 2005 NEC I contributed to the Foundation?

I guess that the offer for $50.00 for a copy of the 1st edition of my book is not important to the foundation. I will make it available for a modest price.

dharris wrote:
If the foundation wants to take bids on copys via the BB I'll start at $50.00

It was a product of the 1990's, and will be a useful addition to the HI library.

--

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Joe, understand we can’t just start taking bids without working out details of the fundraiser. Please, email gary@nachifoundation.org or myself at dan@nachifoundation.org to work out some details.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

jtedesco wrote:
Hello John:

When will I be able to find the bidding for the 2005 NEC I contributed to the Foundation?

I guess that the offer for $50.00 for a copy of the 1st edition of my book is not important to the foundation. I will make it available for a modest price.

dharris wrote:
If the foundation wants to take bids on copys via the BB I'll start at $50.00

It was a product of the 1990's, and will be a useful addition to the HI library.

Joe,

Believe it or not their is more to it than just posting an item up on the board for auction. Especially when they have been donated to the Foundation. Careful exacting steps have to be taken. Now if you put them up for auction yourself there is considerably less steps that need to be taken. Gary and Dan are setting up and getting ready to post for these two items.

Another concern that I discussed with you this weekend is the copying of the book. I'm not sure if NACHI has the capability to copy and bind books. We need to do some research into this. We're working with you Joe, but you need a little more patience.

John

jtedesco wrote:
Hi Nick:

I would like to donate a copy of my first 1990 edition of this "Basic Checklists for Building Electrical Inspections" to be reproduced by your publishing house as a:

"NACHI Foundation" fund raiser.

It was based on the 1990 NEC and sold for $15.00.

This book was a result of my experiences when I worked in the field as an electrical inspector in California.

I want nothing in return, only that NACHI will make use of it as I suggested.

I don't have the masters prints, but it is in black and white and can be copied and formated as you want.

Quote:
Basic Checklists for Building Electrical Inspections

This book outlines the basic electrical wiring needs, that will help to heighten the electrical inspectors awareness of acceptable materials, techniques, and includes time proven personal opinions and informal interpretations of the NEC.

All wiring and equipment, whether it is exposed or concealed, must be inspected during the construction or re-inspection of a building. The suggestions in this book, along with the practical knowledge of electrical systems, good judgment, actual field experience, along with a current NEC, will provide the basis for a well-performed electrical inspection.

In this text the author, Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant, provides the reader with his experiences and knowledge gained while being employed as a journeyman and master electrician, electrical designer, electrical inspector, electrical instructor, editor, and electrical code consultant since 1957.

Included is an overall summary of the basic electrical inspection and plan review process for new existing one, two, and multifamily dwellings and other residential units.

Comprised of real life actual experiences, examples of typical hazards and problems, on-the-job checklists, this book serves as a basic guide for the novice or as a review for the experienced electrical inspector, helping to ensure safe and efficient electrical installations.

Dan: The details are above, where should I send the original copy to be reproduced and the NEC, just add it as any other to the items being sold.

I have emailed Gary on this and on more than one occasion, and emailed you too, and saw no replies.

--

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Joe, i never got an email, just checked. I have no idea what 2005 copy you mentioned. Wasn’t it the one you were going to give John? You gotta give us time. Some things we auction off on our Ebay store, some things we raffle off here. We have to decide internally how to best use something to raise funds. It is not one person, but a board of directors who discuss it. Please send us all the info on both and let us discuss how to best utilize them before we rush into taking bids.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Dan,

I called Gary yesterday and let him know that I had the 2005 NEC that Joe donated. (Great book, by the way). Gary is working up a plan for presentation. I got your phone message yesterday also, but you said the phone number so quickly that these old ears couldn't understand them. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

Joe,

Send me the book, and I will handle the reproduction. Dan H's bid of $50.00 is tremendous for a book that sold for $15.00. He may want to reconsider his bid before it all starts. JMO.

I'll email you my address to send it to.

Quote:
Send me the book, and I will handle the reproduction. Dan H's bid of $50.00 is tremendous for a book that sold for $15.00. He may want to reconsider his bid before it all starts. JMO.

I look at it as not only good info, but also a donation to a good cause,
I'll keep the same bid, but if others want to start lower and if it sells lower that's fine with me

Dan,

Thank-you, Thank-you, and Thank-you. I just emailed Joe T. with my address. When I get the book, you will be priority #1. I'm considering putting the book on CD. If I do, you will get both, Joe's copy and a CD. But I should forewarn everyone, that I have no idea what reproductions costs will be yet. My understanding is that the book is between 100 to 200 pages. (I can't remember if Joe told me 99 pages or 199 pages ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif) ). My apologies to you Dan for the delay. But certain steps and procedures must be followed by the Foundation. Thank-you for your understanding and patience.

John

No rush on my part, as far as copying can it be enlarged 1 size?, I don’t know about others, For my use a copy on 9X11 paper to put in a 3 ring note book is fine

Dan,

I would venture to say yes. My copier (one of them huge Xerox Telecopiers) has those capabilities. In fact ASHI has a great fax on demand program. Wonder if I could set one up with my Telecopier? I'll check and see.

John

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Actually at home I have full printing and copy and binding abilities…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

OK everybody. I will send the material I want to donate to the Foundation to John when I get home.

I am in Scranton, PA and then in Harrisburg, PA.

I will send a master copy to John to be reproduced as needed.

Gary, I suggesteed that Nick may want to help because of the new publishing house, but I didn't know that you had the capabilities too.

Dan, I understand and I believe that we are now on the same page.

--

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

ACtually Joe,

Can you send it to me and I Will see that it gets reproduced as needed...

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Gary:

OK, what if I sent the word files to you instead, would that be easier?

Please send me your address.

--