Sweating

My house built in 2005 in South Florida. A/c unit is by Trane. The system is sweating a lot/ lots of condensation on the unit. The handler is in the garage. I have cleaned out the drain tube outside with the hose and flushed it out and opened the panel and added bleach water to the drip pan yesterday. The evap coil did look dirty, the filter is new. In the picture I circled where it is leaking water. That is the blower motor area, then in the middle the evap the to the far right the filter. Is the water normal? or any tips what I might need to do.

DSC00386.JPG

DSC00386.JPG

The condensation is forming at this area due to cold air leaking into the humid garage air.

Clean the mold, and re-seal the plenum with mesh tape and duct mastic. Plan to redo it every 3-5 years or so.
The leak in the middle of the AHU is likely air leaking around penetrations. They make a flexible sealant for that as well.

Dom.

I would be more concerned with the one in the wall.

screw.JPG

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00388.JPG

I noticed that there are a few screws maybe missing in the bottom of the air handler. Also not sure how it works, but the overflow safety switch also pictured is sucking in air.

If your condensate drain is not piped correctly, the air flow can pull a vacuum and the condensate will not drip off the coil. This will then be blown into the ductwork and cause the leak.