Tap Inspect raising pay as you go reports tomorrow 7/15

Any of you that use the Tap Inspect software, pay per inspection reports, they are raising the prices effective tomorrow (0715/2021). The current price of 25 reports for $125.00 is being raised to 20 reports for $150.00. You still have a chance to purchase additional reports at the lower price before tomorrow.

Just an FYI…

1 Like

That is $7.50 each. There are roughly 200+ working days in a year, if you figure in vacations and what not. That means if you do one a day (and many do more), your minimum software cost would be $1500/year. That’s gotta make Tap Inspect the most expensive software out there huh?

5 Likes

They have unlimited reports based monthly fees. I chose the pay as I go because I have no clue how many I’ll be doing in a month. It’s worked well for me and to each their own…

4 Likes

I can see how pay as you go would make sense for many people. At some point, say 100 inspections a year, it would be time to look at another way to go.

3 Likes

I am not picking on them. I agree, to each their own. Just surprises me they made such a big jump! I see the monthly plan is going from $60 to $90.

Homegauge is around 60 monthly or you can buy the software for about $700(?) I bought it.

@ruecker how much is yours?

1 Like

Spectora, $999/year.

Do you get scheduling, merchant services etc? Or is that just software and support?

1 Like

I did the pay by when I started out. It’s worked the best for me so far because the market I’m in is always up and down. There have been months that I may only do 5 inspections. Albeit, I’m doing this because I really enjoy it and not because I have to make a living or pay the bills with it.

3 Likes

Everything, scheduling, merchant services, support, updates, cloud storage, web based app and desktop, auto texting and emails for clients/agents, etc. I’m not trying to talk them up, they aren’t perfect by any means. But the all-in-one approach was what I wanted.

2 Likes

I think that is a reasonable rate for the services you receive.

I have a question, can you remove the material minor, major color coded defect categories?

Yes, and I did after about my first 3 inspections. Everything is categorized in my reports the same and I call them “Action Items”.

1 Like

I’m sure Spectora will have a price increase soon too. Whats it matter though, we will all be using Homeguage now that Nick is gonna give it to us for free!

2 Likes

Is that the big announcement? I can sell my clients soul for free software?

3 Likes

Is that the catch? Dang, there is always a catch.

2 Likes

NOTHING is free… or haven’t you been paying attention?

4 Likes

I’m learning, i’m learning.

4 Likes

I bought my HIP software in 2007. Never paid again until I wanted mobile that had a monthly fee under $30. Never rent when you can own and be your own boss.

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

I bought HIP 3 years ago for $650.00 it cost me $20 a month for Cloud Storage. That’s it ! Almost 800 inspections later it’s still only $20 a month.

2 Likes