telescopic ladder

Originally Posted By: ekartal
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

hgordon wrote:
I figured I could pull it up to the first level. Have you done that?

I use it mainly to get to the first level! I don't need a taller ladder since I do not climb to second story roofs. Safety first. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: rray

tthompson wrote:
How do you use a telescope ladder to get into an attic thru a hatch

That's when they are at their best. Out here some of our builders like to put some attic hatches in the laundry closet. So when the people put the washer and dryer in there, it would be virtually impossible to get in there with one of them Little Giants. To the rescue comes the Telesteps. Perfect solution. It simply leans against the wall at an angle that lets it go right over the washer and dryer. I never did feel comfortable climbing up on the seller's nice washer and dryer to get up there in the attic; now I don't have to.

The Little Giant never was any good in some of these small hallways, either, because you can't unfold it since the hallway is too small or narrow. To the rescue comes the Telesteps. No need to unfold anything and bang up any walls. Just telescope up and telescope down.

And then have a margarita to celebrate.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Hey, Harvey.

I think the Xtend & Climb (target.com for $170 and $14.99 overnight shipping) would be perfect for you. The locking mechanisms were very tight when we first got it, but they have loosened up with use so that now they are very easy to use.

If you can afford it, I like the design of the original Telesteps a little better, but they are $345, so you can get two Xtend & Climb telescoping ladders for the price of one Telesteps.

The telescoping ladder is the number one tool I own as far as number of comments go. Even the pest control professionals are jealous of us.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

I don’t walk on roofs, so I have no need to try to get to a second story. I use it to get into attics and to get up to the first level roof eaves.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: tthompson

Not all but ---- alot of hatches up here are in walk-in closets…

then only thing I find that works.. is my little giant... set under as a to get in... don't touch any walls..

only 40 lbs.. and never hurt any fingers...

I set enjoy a margarita.. .. or crown and water...

I use my telescoping for the walk-in closets as well. I just telescope it up and use it to push the hatch cover up just enough to set the ladder against the frame. Then I climb on up. Then I find a cold margarita waiting for me in the attic. Hey, I can dream, can’t I?

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/more/Ceiling%20hatch.jpg ]

It doesn’t look like anything that I haven’t seen before. I put the ladder up there and climb on up. There’s going to be some sort of framing right there by that light, so that would be the place to lean the ladder.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Yes there is a frame… but my thought was that the drywall would get damaged around the opening if the ladder is resting on it when you are opening the hatch…

It sure would be nice if a cold drink was waiting in the attic...thou.. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Never had it happen to me yet. Probably about 50% of my attic hatches are like that. Set it as close as possible to a light, a wall, or a corner.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: bsarles

I have had mine for a year and a half and use them every day just about and never have had a problem.All the customers love them so much u have to keep your eyes on them.I bought mine from QVC and they are osha and ansi certified.12 ft high.I think there perfect.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

mpfeffer wrote:
Paul, i have a cosco world's greatest ladder (11') that has never been opened, i was about to sell for $130. I don't know what it would cost to ship from Rochester, NY, but if you're interested, they're great ladders. I use this, and if needed the 17' version of it.

mpfeffer, Thanks anyways but I allready have the folding type. I was thinking about a telescopic ladder for interior attics.

I have heard that they are messy on the hands. The black you get on your hands from raw alluminim. Is that ture?

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

No, it’s not true.

I've been using Telesteps (three ladders) for three years and now also have two Xtend & Climb.

For the earliest versions of Telesteps, the manufacturer apparently suggested using graphite if the telesteps were having difficulty in sliding closed. Graphite, of course, is black.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: scott may

Russell,

your a trip.

Originally Posted By: Presentation

Did you see the live QVC video on the Telesteps 12 ? foot aluminum telescoping ladder?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/qvcladder.html

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Maybe QVC needs to stop showing live demonstrations of ladders!! icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: hjeffrey

We just started using our Xtend & Climb and it is sooooo much easier to bring into the house and maneuver around. It fits nicely into the closet without the shelf getting in the way.

We also use it to get up to the garage roof and again up to the main roof, no problem! Clients get all excited when they see these cool gadgets.

We picked up this one in a little town in the mountains of Colorado, down the street from NACHI's H.O. at the ACE Hardware! Who'd a thunk it!

Now to get the carrying bag.........

--
Respectfully,
Helen Jeffrey
aciss@bellnet.ca
www.aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
1-866-697-0117
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

I’ve managed to “adopt” my fathers’ $400 “little giant” multi-purpose ladder and let me tell ya, this thing is awesome. well worth the money (especialy since it wasn’t my money nachi_sarcasm.gif )