Telesteps Anyone

I guess I’m just old fashioned. I carry a 24’ heavy duty extension ladder and a good 6’ step ladder. Gets me on all roofs safely and into all attics. I’ve seen way too many ladder injuries to trust those gimmicky things.

I need one for attic access in master bedroom closets and pantry’s with 10’ ceilings, 8’ step ladder won’t cut it without moving a bunch of personal items.

18’ gorilla is also a real pain, plus it’s heavy and cumbersome.

Currently have a Little Giant type product thats about a 1/3rd the cost but seems the same or very near. Bulky and heavy but it works. Tempted to start bringing a simple 2-3 rung painters ladder. Just enough to get my head 8-9 feet high such as to look in the unfinished ceiling of a basement.

Well, I think I may keep my fingernail, and I learned a way to close the ladder really fast. Ouch:( :wink:

I’m curious. What finger is it that people smash mostly?..and why?

I’ll have to get one…now that they’re 14.5 feet. :wink:

149.00 From Prolab

The Best Ladder By Far

I Could Of Sold 25 Ladders If I Had Them

Every Every Time Is Use For Attics The Client Wants To Buy One

I Can Sell For 200.00 Easy And Make 50.00 Per Unit

I also bought one of these a few years back. Nice for some applications, but the narrow/ straight design leaves a lot to be desired.

Been using Gorilla ladders in my Remodel business; which are great for that type of work, but they weigh a ton.
</IMG>

I’ll try and answer Larry.

The ladder telescopes out from the top to start.

When done the ladder telescopes in from the bottom by pulling a ring on each side under the bottom rung.

Pulling these rings releases the one rung above. Under the rest of the rungs are levers, as the released rung comes down and meets the bottom rung the levers underneath are compressed thus releasing the next rung above. Then so on and so forth in a controlled manner.

Well what fun is that? So using my left index finger I pressed one of the levers under a rung, when nothing happened I pressed the lever on the other side. Bingo, that was fun.:smiley:
</IMG></IMG>

Pictures? :smiley:

Justa scratch Jeff.

Aw, that’s just a baby bite. My experience tells me that sooner or later you’ll get a really good one. :wink:

I use Gorilla ladders because they’re lighter than Little Giant (and I have one of those, as well). Mine (13 foot) only weighs about 25 pounds.

Is there an accelerated course in ladder closing that I should take Jeff? Possibly worth some CMI CEU’s?:wink:

LOL I have yet to hurt myself with the telesteps. However a child was pulling the rings at one inspection I was on and I freaked out.

I have a 17’ little giant and a 21’ Gorilla and I feel **much **safer on my Gorilla than I do on the LG. In my oppinion the LG is a decent ladder for a home owner, but pails in comparison to my Gorrila. 4 years with Gorrila and 2 years with the LG.
JMO

David

They are actually very good,safe.I bought mine from The Home Depot paid $239 CAD The case for it cost $35 optional

Brian,

I just looked at the receipt they emailed me for today’s purchase, there is a $20.00 coupon for Walgreens with it.

Guess I’ll print it and pick up a box of butterfly bandages, I’ll split um with you…:ouch:

Target has the 300 lb rated extend n climb for $199 here

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/602-7368456-0876619?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000GA6YDG

Great for us fuller figured inspectors

One thing that everyone who uses a ladder should get is a set of levelers. I have a set similar to the Louisville Levelers (see picture). When I use my LG outside, the ground is never level. The best thing to add onto any ladder.

http://www.industrialladder.com/main_inventory/Ladder_Levelers/Louisville_Ladder_Levelers/1/industrial_ladder.htm

Sorry about your fingers guys. Give me all your Teles and buy an Xtend n climb. Less finger worries.