Tell me what do you guys think a structural engineer needed

I agree with Raymond. The structural damage is pretty obvious. Save your money and call a qualified contractor to make the repairs.

Roy Richards
Engineering Tech.
Master Carpenter
General Contractor
Certified Home Inspector

Here’s some good ones too. Caught these yesterday.

P4210166.JPG

P4210167.JPG

Maybe they ran out of mortar and bricks? :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny place for an Anook-sook!

The Act of **Improvisication. **This is a big word for me and hope I did not spell it wrong.

Marcel

maybe they’re trying to raise the house, slowly. or lower the ground???

Earl, Try this:

I recommend that a qualified foundation and/or framing contractor, who utilizes the services of a licensed engineer to design repairs, be contacted to design the necessary repairs, estimate costs and repair as necessary.

I was just woundering who the person(s) are that clean the crawl spaces for you before you go in, the ones that I get to see are a lot dirtier and spidery then these??

My six year old grandson, aka Crawlspace Rat.

For other than simple straightforward repairs, I usually recommend that the client just hire their own engineer instead of recommending a contractor who uses an engineer. After all the first step in solving any problem is to identify the real cause and an economical repair that will work. Otherwise the client may be wasting money.

They are going to pay for those services anyway, and the client then has a professional who just works for them, and wont usually recommend unnecessary repairs to maximize profits. Good engineers have contractors they work with, or can effectively work with contractors the client hires and provide objective recommendations and repair designs.

JMO & 2-nickles (as an engineer also) … :wink: