Termite Inspections

Originally Posted By: dbasile
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello everyone,

Question. I have done extensive research on termite inspections and would seriously like to add this to my services. In addition, I have a B.A. Biology degree from a university. I feel very confident about my knowledge of termite inspections in general. In my state, NY, no license or certification is necessary to perform termite inspections only. I already have the insurance in place for liability.

However, are there any issues with government loans and their requirements for my education (certain forms to be completed by a certified termite inspector only)? Also, where can I locate online a form that I may use? I know the liability is high, but this is a big part of the industry I don't want to miss out on. Up until now I have been sub-contracting termite inspections to other termite companies amounting to a lot of capital they received. Do I really need to go ahead and get fully licensed just for the sake of completing it ? Is it worth it? Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks very much,

Dana Salvatore Basile

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Get your license as a PCO and remove all Doubt or Question of Ability.

If you have the Education, CEU and Background in WDI Inspection, it is worth maintaining a PCO License.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

Dana, in NYS you must have certification from DEC, you have to take a 30 hr course and pass the DEC test before you can use and fill out form npma-33,

the fine is $5,000 per occurrence if you do the inspection without it.

--
Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm