Termite Inspections

Don’t believe the hype! Many of the pest control companies are hell bent on keeping this business to themselves so they can upsell more treatments and bonds. If it was ILLEGAL (either it is, or it aint) then the companies hiring inspectors as WDO inspectors would be shut down. As a matter of fact one of the local pest control companies here has hired home inspectors as his part time employees.

I happen to be an employee of one such company. I have lost inspections in the past because I didn’t do WDO’s before. So now I do, and it’s all on the up and up. I have saved many a pest control guy, even had to pull one aside as he was delivering his report before. As inspectors there is no conflict of interest, i.e. we find and document without interest in providing additional services.

If you are in Florida and would like more info contact me.

John Richards
www.InspectJacksonville.com

Humberto, make sure when you do this that you have your client contact the pest control company and schedule the inspection themselves, or ask the client if it is ok to give the pest control company their info. If YOU contract the business YOU may be held liable for any issues that may arise at a later date.

John Richards
www.InspectJacksonville.com

Thanks for the information John. You bring up a valid point. One I will definately look into. I like to see myself as the liason between my client and the pest control company. The client does pay me. So your advice is well taken. Thanks.