Thank you Joe Farsetta and Jim Bushart!

That NACHI TV interview is a joke.

Anyway Your contracts and websites say differently. anyway no need to continue. The game has already been put away, but we can play again another day.

Sleep well and make money.

Jim

This is meaningless stuff. I come from the human services world. Everything has to be confidential. Basic tenant of the job. It goes without saying here as well. I wish I didn’t take the time to read any of this. You don’t need a pledge for that. Just do it…and operate your business that way. It is that simple. As great as Internachi and all organizations are, you have to approach things and people commonly first,with some level of sense. I sometimes feel like too much of the process with these organizations is about is about trying to get inspectors to buy yet, another thing or idea. I care about the day to day stuff in these posts. The things people encounter as they hone their craft. I don’t care about anything else. There are good ideas out their for sure, past and future. But I don’t want to be sold all of the time on them. I am here for the info, To listen to other seasoned inspectors. I don’t care about the rhetoric and propaganda or agendas of others. I do care about what they encounter and how well they do. I am sure that most inspectors are pretty aware that they they need to keep confidential. If you are not, then you should be. It really is that simple and basic. It doesn’t take a pledge to know that and to practice it. It simply takes a responsible, respectful person.

What you may not realize is that up until recently there has never been a reason not to be confidential regarding client data, up until recently there was no real black market for client data, so the act of selling client data information was a non-profit enterprise.

Today, unfortunately there are markets for crafty home inspectors to profit from selling client data to 3rd party vendors.

What The Client Fidelity Pledge does is separate those inspectors who would under no circumstances allow themselves to be compensated for sharing their clients personal information, with home inspectors who use loop-holes to get around ethical standards which allow themselves to profit from sharing client data with 3rd party vendors.

I know is is a bit complicated, but understand our profession is going through a transition. Soon we will be able to take the pulse of our clients by seeing what it is they value more. Their privacy… Or the opportunity to purchase more stuff from directed-advertising instituted by their profit-minded home inspector. It shouldn’t take too long to see where the public will be going with this.

What you may not realize is that up until recently there has never been a reason not to be confidential regarding client data, up until recently there was no real black market for client data, so the act of selling client data information was a non-profit enterprise.

Today, unfortunately there are markets for crafty home inspectors to profit from selling client data to 3rd party vendors.

What The Client Fidelity Pledge does is separate those inspectors who would under no circumstances allow themselves to be compensated for sharing their clients personal information, with home inspectors who use loop-holes to get around ethical standards which allow themselves to profit from sharing client data with 3rd party vendors.

I know is is a bit complicated, but understand our profession is going through a transition. Soon we will be able to take the pulse of our clients by seeing what it is they value more. Their privacy… Or the opportunity to purchase more stuff from directed-advertising instituted by their profit-minded home inspector. It shouldn’t take too long to see where the public will be going with this.

It is not necessary…plain and simple . It could also complaicate situations where opnness and transparency are necessary so that all parties involved can move forward. Some things can have too many bells and whistles. This approaches that.

You are now making a joke out of what DOES happen to all the data collected in the world when it gets into certain hands? dude you are out of your league well maybe you are in it a little who knows. The fact is it is not a joke and it is not just in someone’s dreams. Cut the Bull you know better. People here are not fools as you may think and most see right through your marketing jargin or whatever it is you do.

Data collection is important, don’t listen to this salesman.

Jim

What the public may not realize is that up until recently there was no real black market for client data, so the act of selling client data information was a non-profit enterprise. Today, unfortunately there are markets for crafty home inspectors to profit from selling client data to 3rd party vendors which dishonors the reputation of our fine profession and breaks with our Code of Ethics.

What The Client Fidelity Pledge does is separate those inspectors who would under no circumstances allow themselves to be compensated for sharing their clients personal information, with home inspectors who use loop-holes to get around ethical standards that allow themselves to profit from sharing client data with 3rd party vendors.

The process is a bit complicated, but understand our profession is going through a transition and it all boils down to money & ethics. Soon The Client Fidelity Pledge will enable our profession the opportunity to take the pulse of our clients by seeing what it is they value more. Their privacy… Or the chance to purchase more stuff from directed-advertising instituted by their profit-minded home inspector. It shouldn’t take too long to see where the public will be going with this.

Yes, I sold 10 last week. All to Nigerians that were imprisoned and had 10 million dollars for me to trade for their freedom. They just needed my bank account info which of course, I gave to them. Are you kidding!!! All I see here is an effort to sell something in the future and it is not the home inspector who is going to profit. Listen, these circles are too small, at least in my state. This isn’t possible on any level where someone could pull such a scam off. There are too many seasoned professionals involved and we all know each other for the most part. It would be caught incredibly fast. I think a better use of energy would be to seek agreements among banks, realtors, inspectors etc that this cannot be accepted as best practice or practice at all. Push legislation instead of setting up a future sale of a new product to home inspectors. This isn’t anything I would ever include or buy, nor would I try to sell it to my clients. I already follow confidentiality rules that are equal to anything I followed in the mental health field. I like my chances.

The Client Fidelity Pledge was never about you, it was always about home inspectors and their special relationship to home buyers… :roll:

What the public may not realize is that up until recently there was no real black market for client data, so the act of selling client data information was a non-profit enterprise. Today, unfortunately there are markets for crafty home inspectors to profit from selling client data to 3rd party vendors which dishonors the reputation of our fine profession and breaks with our Code of Ethics.

What The Client Fidelity Pledge does is separate those inspectors who would under no circumstances allow themselves to be compensated for sharing their clients personal information, with home inspectors who use loop-holes to get around ethical standards that allow themselves to profit from sharing client data with 3rd party vendors.

The process is a bit complicated, but understand our profession is going through a transition and it all boils down to money & ethics. Soon The Client Fidelity Pledge will enable our profession the opportunity to take the pulse of our clients by seeing what it is they value more. Their privacy… Or the chance to purchase more stuff from directed-advertising instituted by their profit-minded home inspector. It shouldn’t take too long to see where the public will be going with this.

The language in the pledge is not great anyhow. Saying “I promise” anything

Saying " I promise " doesn’t really look super professional. Simply " I will" or “Will not” is better. I can’t believe I got sucked into this time killer. I “will not” spend another second on it. I like the effort and thinking…but the air really isn’t in this tire. Thanks!

Again… The Client Fidelity Pledge was never about you, it was always about home inspectors and their special relationship to home buyers… :roll:

If you make any changes, you should delete all those who have already signed the pledge. It would be different and not what they previously signed.