The PLEDGE Gains Traction!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Where are the names or list of inspectors who’ve signed it? Any links?

That would be sharing client data.

Potential clients will stand miles away from inspectors who subscribe to the paragraph outlining the part about scare tactics, “disparagement”, impeding the transaction, etc.

A client fidelity pledge needs to be meaningful, simple, and pretty much pure.

Use the Real McCoy:

CLIENT FIDELITY PLEDGE

My clients are my livelihood. I respect their rights to privacy and respect the fact that it is I who serve them. They have entrusted me with their inspection, including ancillary services that may not be a part of a standard inspection. As such, I believe I owe my clients an absolute right to know that their personal and private information is safe with me.

Therefore, I promise that I will not provide to any third party any personal or private information (to include contact information) about my client(s) or information about the property I have inspected for them, in exchange for compensation of any kind (including but not limited to products, services, incentives, rebates, barter, cash, condition of use/participation, or consideration) that I might receive, either directly or indirectly, from anyone.

I also promise that my inspection agreement will not include any clause(s) or language that could, in any way, be considered by anyone to waive any rights of privacy that my client might have, inclusive of any waiver of rights or restrictions relative to telephone contacts, e-mail communication, or solicitations from commercial and private enterprises of any type whatsoever.

The client has the right to know, ultimately, who they are entering into agreement with and how that may affect their rights to privacy. I stand by these principles. I therefore acknowledge that if I willfully violate this pledge, it may be construed as misuse and may also constitute false and misleading marketing or advertising. I take my clients rights to privacy quite seriously, and this is My Pledge.

Is any information related to the client ever given to any commercial or private business venture which is translated into an alarm lead, furniture lead, haircut lead, or any other lead, or may the info someday result in a telephone call from some type of telemarketer or business venture looking for business?

Is the Client the most important person served by the Inspector?

These are two basic, but very important concepts.

Are all agents worthy of that respect?

Are they all above board?

Aren’t there any that are shady?

Jim

Joe, will the names of inspectors that sign “your” pledge be visible to the public?

Or will there just be a direct link to the pledge for inspectors who sign it, like Nachi “Click to Verify”?

I don’t want to check for recalls .
So I guess I can’t sign that pledge .
The inspection is enough for me.

I agree.

See my new sig line.

I think I’ll just add a few things to the " My Promise to you " and leave it at that.

Mike you made me laugh with that line.

Care to answer these questions Nate ?

Much more to come Roy. Much more.

How would you change this to comply instead of all the other crap that has been hashed out?

Then why all the hoopla ?

I will answer your question even though you didn’t answer mine and just put the spin on as usual.

My answer to your question is No, I would not. As an Inspector I have met many agents, Many are A+ and I work with them daily and have great relationships and respect for each other. Also I have met and dealt with many agents that are not worth the dirt they stand on and are as crooked as a 3 dollar bill. But you may not know this as you are not an Inspector and may not have ever experienced the agent that wants soft reports and cheap prices and fast quickie inspections, all so they can race to the closing table.

There you go Nate, I answered truthfully, Now its your turn.

**Are all agents worthy of that respect?

Are they all above board?

Aren’t there any that are shady?

Jim

All that needs to be done is add a few new lines in the Promise. Yes?
Problem solved.
And it will be posted on my site for all to see.