The Fight for Change in Arizona has Begun

Originally Posted By: dbowers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Several people have made reference to some NACHI / ASHI Agreement. Are we in bed with them now or what?? What are they talking about???

Originally Posted By: dharris

Mr Craig

You avoided a question asked. Are there any nachi members qualified to reprensent other inspectors in this state.

You’ve been licensed for 6 weeks and already been damaged by advertising of other professional inspectors.

If you were on the message board 4-5 months ago at least 1 other inspector claimed his reports were turned back for not meeting the standards of practice, AND he is a ashi member.

Scott Pattersons post pretty well sums up what is involved in the process, and any body is welcome to provide there input.
If your qualified I would suggest you volunteer for reviewing reports, The guys I've talked to take there position very seriously, and work endless hours just to make sure they are not missing something before rejecting the report.

[ spelling? there is a spell check at bottom that can be used prior to posting]
One of the verifiers I've talked to expressed how frustrating it is to not approve the reports as he knows that the applicant is depending on certification to make a living,

As far as "ashi" requiring 30 inspections ,if you look back to when this 1st started it was 250 then 100 and now 30. Looking at other states requirements we have it pretty good

Heck I'm offended as a state certified inspector with over 700 inspections completed] by nachis marketing [Is your inspector blind, Make sure our inspector is a nachi member] And I'm also offended by your statement on your web stating your the best inspector for your neighbor hood.[ Should I sue nachi?]

I've done a few inspections in your neighbor hood and the last thing I would claim is that I'm the best inspector for 60-80- plus old homes.
After you done [dethroning ashi as you stated on another post] I would think your efforts would be better spent on preparing a seminar on inspecting historic homes as you claim your expertise and vast knowledge is, sure would benefit all in this business.

Gotta go, 3 inspection today and NOT 1 was a result of being an ashi inspector

Dan Harris

Inspect Az

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

Let’s see how do y’all do this: eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

There are 3 ways I can skin this cat.

Legal (suits).
Legislative (getting an amendment passed).
Economic (the open market).

I can do any or all of them, however the latter is easiest. If you take away their inspection work and keep it for yourself, it doesn't much matter who says what. In AZ I can only do this with the CMI designation. We'll have it soon. There are only so many inspections in AZ, if we are getting them all we've achieved our goal. I can do this with the CMI and most definitely will.

Nick

Originally Posted By: tallen

There are only so many inspections in AZ, if we are getting them all we’ve achieved our goal.[/quote]

I thought the goal was to make it an even playing field in AZ.

Originally Posted By: jrooff

All sounds like an even playing field to me. Aren’t all playing fields flat?

If so NACHI is going to be flat out ahead of the rest icon_lol.gif .

eusa_dance.gif

Originally Posted By: mcraig

Remove

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

We can say whatever we want, but a CMI certification will do absolutely nothing for us, no mater how legitimate our qualifiers for member designations become, if we cant get off the ground as a recognized and accepted organizartion in that state. We need to stop marketing, and start affecting the legislative process.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Joe F:

As Michael suggested there is presently no one interested within Arizona to bring about change. The Legislative process must also occur from within the State.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Joe,

We're singing on the same page. I was referring to NIck's post regarding ways to fight the process. He suggests that CMI will somehow make NACHI a dominant force. I dont see it that way. Do you?

--
Joe Farsetta

I agree. CMI will do nothing to help.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe, we can’t do that without a lawsuit. There is a lot of corruption in AZ. I’d rather just take their market away from them.

I play a lot of football and I like to pretend I'm John Elway, but I'm not. I'm just a guy throwing football in the back yard.

I ride my dirt bike a lot and I like to pretend I'm Evil Knevil, but I'm not. I'm just a guy jumping little dirt mounds in the back yard.

I gobble up every market in any business I'm in. I like to pretend I'm Nick Gromicko, but I don't have to, I am.

Don't worry too much about lawyers and lobbyists. We'll just take their market away from them as we continue to do everywhere else. After the AZ chapter meetings I'll hit AZ hard.

Nick

Are we recognized in that state as an organization. Are our NACHI-only inspectors receiving state licenses, or is the deck stacked against them?

Joe Farsetta

You do not have to be a member of any org. to get state certified you just have to jump through all the hoops in the right order icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mstewart

Michael,

Your spelling is horrendous. Hope your reports are better! USE SPELLCHECK! please!

Your expression of thoughts is sad, to say the least. I could not understand what you were trying to say. You WILL NOT be a good representative for NACHI to have on the front line. I hope Nick replaces you ASAP or the attorneys will "eat your lunch".

You are also using alarming terms. Hope you don't do that on your home inspections either. You are " out of control" and in need of the tools needed to express yourself and listen to what is being said to you and by whom it is being said. When the President of NACHI posted a remark, you were oblivious as to who He was. If this was not so sad it would be funny.

I'm not meaning any disrespect Michael, but you ain't the man. You can't earn respect without giving respect. You reap what you sow.

Mark Stewart
HouseMaster
mstewart@housemaster.com
540-977-6757
434-799-9100

Wow…

And I thought I could be harsh!

--
Joe Farsetta

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted By: dharris

Mr Craig

No hard feeling here and No apologies needed on my part.

Most importantly I hope your wife is doing ok

Although I've done a few homes in your area I'll be the 1st to admit I'm no expert on historic homes, my experience is that they are often challenging. [and that is a challenge I enjoy] If you run into something that you have a question about, feel free to give me a call if you want an opinion how I as another inspector would report on it. While I do not share your desire your goal of dethroning ashi, as once a new guy [and still learning] I often wished I could call another inspector to get there opinion.
I don't think of my self as being better than anybody else because I'm a ashi guy. As a just another az inspector I'm more than willing to offer my opinion to provide our customers the most informed information

Dan Harris
Inspect Az www.inspectaz.com

Originally Posted By: mstewart

tallen wrote:
I agree. CMI will do nothing to help.

I guess my question would be: What will help? Why would a state legislature listen to NACHI?

Why did ASHI affect change? What did they bring to the table that was valued? Why are they able to get into doors that NACHI has not gotten into yet?

Mark Stewart
HouseMaster