AZ Inspectors

Originally Posted By: dharris
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

In a recent review of the BTR site, There is a growing amount of complaints against inspectors. With those complaints the board found inspectors reports non compliant.

Are your reports compliant?

Are you willing to wait until a customer files a complaint to find out?

Sat May 21st there is a seminar in Phx on report writing and reporting to State standards will be included. This seminar like previous ones will have experience inspectors with 20 plus years exp. providing valuable report writing and inspection information for all.
For the betterment of our profession, I strongly encourage all to attend.

Yes this is an ASHI sponsored event, and there is a fee to obtain this valuable information. If you cannot afford the minimal fee, consider what it will cost you in $$$s and lost time if a complaint if filed against you.
We may not have any on control whether a customer files a complaint, we HAVE the opportunity to determine if our reports meets standards.

I'm sure there are a few here that are convinced that if your not an ASHI
member you are subject to being a part of a witch hunt to destroy NACHI, that's BS, the facts are we have close to 1000 inspectors and less than 300 inspectors belong to any org.

If you want additional information feel free to email me dan@inspectaz.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Dan,

Thanks for the productive post. Can you give our AZ Inspectors an idea of the cost so they don't show up unprepared. Are reservations needed, etc.

Again, Thank-you.

John B.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

After some of the barbed comments you’ve received here in the past, it was very thoughtful for you to post the above information here for the betterment of the inspectors in your area.

I'm sure this training will be helpful to those who bother to get it.

Thanks for sharing.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Thanks, Dan.

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: tallen

It’s 105.00/115.00 at the door, unless they changed the fees.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

All the information is listed at www.azashi.org

Deadline is 5/16. The fee for the all day seminar includes a continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments at breaks. Register early or I will not be able to have 2nds at lunch. icon_smile.gif

Per the site, The price is 125.00 for nonmembers.
The information provided is worth 10 times that, the information obtained from experienced inspectors at NO CHARGE, "FREE" during breaks and lunch is priceless if you plan on remaining in business.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Ya know, I agree.

I usually find that the information I gather from the informal discussions with other inspectors at gatherings of these types is even more valuable than the information I get from the actual seminar.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I say re-instate Dan Harris!

Erol Kartal

ekartal wrote:
I say re-instate Dan Harris!

Erol Kartal

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) Erol I would only come back if Chad, Jimmy, JP, JR and few others came back as leaders with full control.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Dan,

I think the Titanic re-surfacing would be a more likely possibility. icon_wink.gif

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: mcraig

Dan This was a great event I pride myself on my reports but even I found room for improving several items that I just didn’t define well enough to keep out of Litigation.

Gentlemen I have not been on this sight for some time I was doing some real soul searching and evaluating what is best for my business. Before you all hear it from someone else at the seminar yesterday I joined ASHI.

you may all think what you want but it was a better business move for me I have always recieved the maximum help from ASHI members here in Phoenix. NACHI has not had a strong presence in Arizona and I have fought to many battles for NACHI with few good outcomes. I leave it up to all of you if you want me to stay in NACHI or not. icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Thank you

Michael Craig

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Dan

Thanks for the post.

Mike,

Of course you can stay. Why would anyone want you to leave? You made a business decision without the hype and name calling. You followed what you thought best for your business at this time.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Mike, you are confusing ASHI with ASHI members. I have so many hundreds of friends at ASHI, or even more likely… hold dual ASHI/NACHI membership I can’t even count them, but I count you as one of those friends. My own brother holds dual membership.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

, if you don’t mind me saying. What I mean is that NACHI makes no distinction between inspectors based on membership. I’m quite sure we are the only association that is association affiliation blind (ooops, I’m going to be ordered to remove the reference to the visually impaired now icon_lol.gif )

For instance... we almost never even ask that question at any or our own NACHI Chapter meetings. NACHI is now the industry's largest provider of home inspection events http://www.nachi.org/events.htm and NACHI's staff is instructed to invite inspectors to these events regardless of association affiliation. In fact, when staff mails out or calls a local home inspector to invite them to a http://www.nachi.org/events.htm the staff member has no clue as to whether the inspector is even a member of NACHI or not, let alone some other association.

Furthermore, if you look at the top of every announcement for every NACHI event in http://www.nachi.org/events.htm you will notice that every inspector of every association is welcome at every one of them. We truly are association affiliation blind (ooops, there I go again with that blind thing ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) )

The only exception is that I often personally look up and invite the local ASHI Chapter President to the event and invite him to sit at my table. More than 1/2 the time, at NACHI Chapter meetings... I am sitting next to and eating with the local ASHI Chapter President. I'm often invited to ASHI Chapter meetings as well.

In TN at a NACHI Chapter meeting recently I sat with 3 of them (or maybe it was 2 current and one past ASHI President) and had one of the ASHI Presidents speak at that NACHI meeting.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

… inspectors, no?.. and so share a very common bond.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Nick… Do you think about? or read what you post?

In the misc section of this BB your suing ASHI’s Past Pres, and here you state that ASHI Chapter Presidents are treated like royalty.

Following most of your posts I'm convinced you have a foot in the mouth disease.

Originally Posted By: tallen

Dan, you are to damn funny. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Please stop by more often.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005