The IRS will now employ more people than the Pentagon, FBI, State Department, and Border Control combined!

There are only 927 billionaires in the U.S. The IRS obviously doesn’t need all these new agents to go after billionaires. Those 927 billionaires don’t cheat on their taxes. They can afford not to cheat and they have plenty of legal ways to avoid taxes. I’m friends with one of those billionaires. He employs 110 CPAs who do his taxes flawlessly. Billionaires aren’t being paid in cash that they are hiding from the IRS. That’s silly. Who has undeclared cash? It isn’t billionaires.

The IRS is coming after small business owners and poor people working the gig economy.

Elections have consequences. Every Democrat voted to hire more agents to attack you. Remember that on November 8th.

5 Likes

Nick, you are the founding member and executive director of a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization. You use this forum to make official InterNACHI announcements and events. In the last several weeks, you have used it to promote and discuss right wing media talking points and conspiracy theories. I think you’ve crossed the line by campaigning for the upcoming November election.

This is not a church environment where you would expect to see the majority, if not all, congregants leaning to one side or the other politically. This is a public forum, where statistically, roughly 50% of your members and registered users of this forum are Democrat.

Exercising your first amendment right to free speech is one thing, but this is clearly a violation of the terms of InterNACHIs tax free status. I’d be more concerned that one of the fictitious 87,000 IRS agents will come after the organization that you built.

6 Likes

This is Nicks free speech. Just like it’s yours. Nick hasn’t said any of the things you are accusing him of.

4 Likes

roughly 50% of your members and registered users of this forum are Democrat.

That’s great. I hope I can convince some of them to act in their own self interest. This is an attack on OUR INDUSTRY. Small business owners are the ones most likely to have unreported income and questionable deductions.

When someone shows I’m wrong, I evolve. Why do you call them “fictitious?”

1 Like

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

I think the key word here is candidate.

2 Likes

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign

Sadly, InterNACHI doesn’t get involved in politics unless it has something to do with the inspection industry or education, directly. I wish they did. InterNACHI needs to be more like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of REALTORs who are both very involved in politics, but it likely isn’t going to happen.

Anyway, back to the IRS. They aren’t being hired to chase billionaires. Billionaires aren’t running. They have plenty of ways of lowering their taxes legally, and they do. Besides, there are less than 1,000 billionaires in the U.S. And we don’t tax wealth anyway, we tax income. Jeff Bezo’s income is almost nothing compared to his giant wealth so there just isn’t enough income taken by billionaires to worry about.

It’s us, they want.

3 Likes

From the IRS website:

”voter education or registration activities with evidence of bias that (a) would favor one candidate over another; (b) oppose a candidate in some manner; or (c) have the effect of favoring a candidate or group of candidates, will constitute prohibited participation or intervention.”

That’s called campaigning.

The idea that the IRS wants to hire 87,000 agents comes from a Department of Treasury report from 2021 that requested funds for needs for the next 10 years to hire 86,852 employees.

”According to a Treasury Department official, the funds would cover a wide range of positions including IT technicians and taxpayer services support staff, as well as experienced auditors who would be largely tasked with cracking down on corporate and high-income tax evaders. At the same time, more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. In all, the IRS might net roughly 20,000 to 30,000 more employees from the new funding, enough to restore the tax-collecting agency’s staff to where it was roughly a decade ago.”

3 Likes

Who is this official? I have read the same story many times from typical media sites such a NPR.

What is missed is the fact this is a significant budget increase. Maybe it is just to meet current demands, but it is the elected officials who have said the intent is to go after high income earners.

Imagine, we do not believe them. Especially considering their recent banking infringement goals to monitor transfers over $600 which is directly aimed at the “little people”.

1 Like

Then they deserve to be audited and fined.

2 Likes

3 Likes

What is missed is the fact this is a significant budget increase.

Correct. Ignore the lies they tell about the titles of their new positions. The fact is that their budget increased and one way or the other, they are going to siphon even more money out of the productive economy.

1 Like

Why? The IRS only collects for the federal government. The federal government only has a small handful of duties according to the Constitution. They aren’t allowed to do anything else. So the money they are taking from Americans is being used for illegal activities. We must all resist funding criminal acts, no? Are you saying you’d rather the government take the money than for a tax cheater to keep it?

Richard. Opposing the federal government’s attempt to collect more funding for unConstitutional activities (Remember, the federal government is only allowed to do a small handful of things) isn’t “right wing.” It’s patriotic. And no, InterNACHI’s tax-exempt status doesn’t have any affect on my personal First Amendment rights. And yes, increasing the IRS budget harms our industry.

3 Likes

So you are for cheating! Got it!

1 Like

A couple questions for you Nick.

1. Who pays for the Military?
  2. Who pays for the FBI, the NSA, the CIA?
  3. Who pays for NASA?
  4. Who pays for our national highway system?
  5. Who pays for the FAA to keep our skies safe?

I could go on but I think you get the idea.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the federal government pays for these, what I consider to be, vital entities.

And where do they get (most) of the money from to pay for these?

1 Like

3 Likes

From taxes of course in which everyone should pay their fair share. Freedom isn’t free.

Nick is entitled to his opinion but this sounds like an affirmation for those in the HI industry who cheat on their taxes.

1 Like

And does it bother you that the tax code is about 60,000 pages (54 Volumes)? I certainly pay the taxes I owe, but am I completely following the tax code? Personally, I think the tax code was Designed so that no one could follow it.

2 Likes

Which can be pointed at anyone at anytime for any almost reason.

It is no coincidence that political winds have blown towards taxing the rich that the IRS now has a new mission.

1 Like