Americans struggling to pay for groceries vs. Biden's 87,000 new, armed IRS agents

Today’s the day. Vote!

6 Likes

To be clear, I like the IRS about as much as the next guy, but the IRS didn’t hire 87,000 people and arm them. That’s not how it went down. In fact the IRS said it hopes to only net-gain 175 special agents (the armed IRS agents) in 2022. The rest of the hires are in customer service, call centers, local offices, etc.

2 Likes

And I’m sure they are going to be there to help you.

6 Likes

It would probably shock you to learn how drawn out a process it is to file a return in the years following identity theft. I still deal with the annual sit-down at the local IRS office, 16 years after the TJX breach.

2 Likes

It all sounds so benign. No, all of these jobs have one purpose…collection.

So we have several view points: 1. Eliminated the IRS in which no hires would be acceptable. 2. Maintain or improve the status quo. 3. Inflation is taxing us all and this is not the time to throw collection resources at our burdens.

They say they are going after the rich, but the stats do not support this. So, I look at Nicks statement and it is true. IRS is armed and it is going after a burdened society. I do not care how many agents are armed, they can come and take your money through a number of ways including force. Another poor policy decision considering current conditions.

3 Likes

That’s 5,000 more fresh agents than fresh soldiers sent to Ukraine by Putin. Brandon must be anticipating heavier fighting.

Russia Says 82,000 New Draftees Arrive in Ukraine as Putin Seeks to Gain the Offensive - WSJ

2 Likes

I had my SSN stolen about 10 years ago. No problem with the IRS. Every December, they send me a special tax filing number to use that year in place of using a SSN.

3 Likes

The IRS has had armed agents since their inception. This isn’t anything new. That’s how they got Al Capone.

I understand this, but as you peel back the layers it becomes more disturbing. And the fact they have 2,100 agents with the power to use deadly force is something worthy of consideration. These powers are for non-violent crimes?

Al Capone was not arrested by an IRS agent.

2 Likes

Can’t be because of huge corporate tax payoffs to the top 1% during the last administration. Nay… This time give them everything.

Frank Wilson was an armed IRS special agent, and was the guy that discovered Capone’s ledgers and assembled the evidence that led to the tax evasion indictment.

Worry about your own countries politics, WAFI!!

2 Likes

Now ALL 87,000 are armed? You all say some crazy stupid crap in here. Half the time I think Rod Sterling is going to come out the shadows and narrate; the other half of time I think Allen Funt is going to jump out from around the corner and yell “You’re on Candid Camera!”

That’s the only way you can encourage others to vote, you have to make up stuff?

4 Likes

Oh no…disinformation! Everyone is going to vote Republican and end our democracy! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

Q: Why does he need 87,000 new agents to go after the U.S.'s 734 billionaires?
A: Because they are coming for us, to suck even more money out of the productive economy.

Had all that money been left inside the productive economy, we’d have cured cancer and colonized Mars by now. It’s tens of trillions.

4 Likes

You sound more and more like a politician every day. When do you announce your candidacy?

1 Like

Because for every dollar spent on going after tax cheats, the government gets $4 back to go towards things like defense and farm subsidies.

I seriously doubt that.

2 Likes

Sounds great! I’d vote for him

2 Likes

And every $4 the government siphons out of the productive economy makes us all less safe and poorer.