Thermopane Window Spacer Strip

I know this has been discussed before, but I had trouble locating the thread. What’s the word on the foam or rubber spacer strip moving inside the thermopane window? Am I correct to say that this is actually not the spacer strip, but a foam top above a metal spacer which aids in a reduction in heat transfer and condensation? There are no indications of a broken seal or of any problems with the metal spacer seal? Is this a deficiency? I’m making assumptions here. I haven’t been able to find much information on what this rubber or foam piece is.

That is a “Swiggle seal” failure, Jeremy.

1 Like