This is totally ridiculous

About right. The agreement has only been in existence since 9:30 this morning. Check out the hits next month, next year, or in 3 years. I’m sure there will be more because our search tool works fine… provided we have the thing posted so that our search tool can see it.

Nick is going all David Covid on us. I’m starting to understand…maybe…

2 Likes

Maybe I just got lucky. I’m trying it for other states to see if it worked. Hold on.

Nope, wasn’t luck. It works.

Well on my dashboard it only has things related to Illinois, as far as agreements. There is nothing there about West Virginia, or any other state.

PERFECT EXAMPLE!

You are from Alton, Illinois, yes? That is very close to St. Louis. So you are geographically close to the state of Missouri. If you wanted to do an inspection in Missouri and wanted a home inspection agreement for that state, you wouldn’t find it on your dashboard because you are in Illinois. And so you might search for “Missouri Home Inspection Agreement.”

Now lucky for our experiment, I haven’t announced a Missouri Home Inspection Agreement on the forum yet because there is one court case we only now finished researching.

And sure enough… it doesn’t come up. So if you were trying to find it by doing a forum search, you can’t. Why? Because it isn’t a forum thread.

Now be honest, was that a soft-ball pitch for me to hit out of the park? If it was, thanks!

So let’s use this opportunity to see what comes up when Missouri is NOT it’s own thread.

Ready?

Go!

Squat. Zip. Nada. Garbage.

Now give me a minute to make the agreement it’s own post and we’ll run the experiment again. Hold on.

Nick are you able to bring in an agreement from any state into your inspection agreement online template list? I see for some reason states like NY and Kansas are options. Why make a new agreement for a state without having the ability to to easily drag it into my “use for this agreement:” section?

OK. I made the post 15 seconds ago. Let’s run the experiment again and this time, I predict it will come up in the search results.

Ready?

Go!

And it did! It worked!

Now you understand.

So today, we only got the legal language done. What we are building next is super amazing. You’ll be able to pick a state or province, pick what inspections you are doing (general home, radon, mold, etc), and push one button… SHAZAM, out will come the perfect online agreement that incorporates exactly what inspections you are performing and what you are invoicing your client for all in one agreement document that you can then use in www.nachi.org/onlineagreement

I’m afraid that will require me to post another announcement though :wink:

3 Likes

Can you address the Covid threads Nick? What’s up with ignoring that?

Wait…Crickets soon to come…

Threads or threats? If the former, I don’t know much about them. Can you fill me in?

Good Lord Nick!! Members here have @ you and Ben for over 2 months about these threads and trying to get answers about forum moderation. Two Blind Mice and a “moderator” I guess… :rofl:

1 Like

This was a helpful post.

Nope. I just did a search on all my emails for the word “moderation.” I received two emails that included the word “moderation” this year. One on July 2 and one on May 16.

Neither were about COVID threads.

Anyway, can you fill me in? What is the issue with COVID threads?

I personally do not want it or need moderation. I have learned a lot from those “threatening” threads on both sides of the debate. And for the past week or so, I have ignored them. Self moderation, that was easy.

2 Likes

Can someone explain what the general issue is with them?
What is the crux of the problem?

I would assume that if it was something members felt passionate about, I would have a bunch of emails on the matter, but I haven’t got any.

IMO, there is no issue. We are grown and can read information and make our own determinations.

2 Likes