This Robert Meier Guy!

I second that!

7 Likes

I agree! :slight_smile: :+1:

7 Likes

I third that!

6 Likes

I agree, but we also have Martin Willies the plumber, Randy Mayo the engineer and many many more!

9 Likes

I’ve been saying for awhile that it is a travesty he hasn’t been given honorary member status. He is always willing to help even though I don’t believe he is even a home inspector.

Also, with member status, he would see more electrical questions that are posted in the members only section.

6 Likes

Non-Member Honorable Mention For 2020

12 Likes

There are many good resources available on this forum from members that have “boots on the ground” experience.

Veteran home inspectors are included.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting that Marc, I was about to go look for it when I saw that comment.

4 Likes

I tried that years ago, but nothing came of it.

5 Likes

I agree that this Robert Meier Guy should have some type of special recognition. :grinning:

He adds a whole lot of electrical knowledge to this MB and I for one look forward to reading his comments to some of the electrical related questions.

12 Likes

Agree! I certainly have learned alot from him.

7 Likes

I think that he is simply the voice of reason when it comes to many things, but especially on the "sparky"side of life. I have learned many things from his comments and stuff I did not even realize I was not aware of. I could not agree more!

8 Likes

I totally agree

3 Likes

I agree 100%.And the best attribute Robert has is that, unlike a lot of smart asses on here who talk condescending to “stupid “ questions, Robert treats everyone with dignity and respect. We could all learn about how to treat people like Robert does. Thank you Robert!

4 Likes

I have to say I was quite taken aback by this thread. I want to thank everyone for their kind words. I am a humble person and I try to express that when I post. I judge no one and just try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge. As some of you may know I’ve been involved with Mike Holt’s Code Forum for over 20 years and a few years back I served five years as the chief moderator.

The reasons I post here are two-fold, one is to simply help when people have questions about the complex world of electrical installations. I have worked with realtors, buyers, and sellers (and indirectly with HI’s) in the past and actually made quite a bit of money from inspection reports. The second reason I am here is to pay it forward. I also enjoy the interaction provided by the forum members because it keeps me on my toes and I learn here too.

Since someone asked I’m am not an engineer or an HI. I’ve been an electrician since the mid-1980’s. I started as an apprentice then moved up to a journeyman, then a sub-foreman and general foreman. Along the way I was at one time a licensed electrical contractor and for the past ten years or so I’ve held a NJ HHS electrical inspectors license which also qualifies me a licensed electrical plan reviewer.

My day job now is as a journeyman electrician. Soon I will hang up my tool belt and move one to electrical inspection or consulting. So for now I’m here to help. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here who has been kind to me over the years.

32 Likes

Robert, I have corresponded with through email with Nick Gromiko and he has agreed to, and directed Lisa to award you full Membership to this association for all the contributions you have made to help all the members.
It might take a few days considering New Year coming up this weekend. Let me know next week if your full access has been activated.
Well deserved and Happy New Year.

24 Likes

Thanks Marcel…Busy today but I was considering doing that tomorrow. I’m glad you got it done.

Rob is very well deserving!

And, thanks Nick!

11 Likes

Right on, Marcel! Congrats & welcome aboard, Robert! :slight_smile: :+1:

14 Likes

Congrats Robert!!! Well deserved and appreciative of all your knowledge that you have contributed here.

11 Likes

Congratulations, Robert, Well deserved.

11 Likes