Toilet line

Yes understood.
The question “where does it go” is not part of the observation or SOP.

We can not see through wall board or flooring.

We build a hypotheses on observation of apparent components.
What can happen with what we observe and our education on cross-contamination and siphonage of water.

Can there be siphonage? I say yes.

So when water pressure is introduced both lines the secondary line will fill and be heavier being longer and lower lower than the yanks fill line.
Siphonage starts when the water is stopped. This action will draw water from the tank. This will trip the lever if conditions are meet.
1.) Now during the pressurised stage when the line is energised with water pressure where the hell is the water going?
2.) How much water is running into the secondary line.
3.) Is it effecting the the home?
all Unknown.
How would you write your report on the observation?

I have a boar scope and would be there for xxx minutes.
I would not stop until I had formed a opinion.
I just purchased an IR. This is exactly why.

A warm interior and introducing a cold water flow might give a image.

Hypothetical questions from observations. Michel.
Sorry if I am off on a treasure hunt everyone.

The OP questions is not logical for a report.IMO

Unconventional use of plastic piping in bathroom.
Consult with owner as to it’s function and termination point.

You may think it is clever however it makes no difference what you think …
that line is intended to go from the flush valve to the tower…that is how the manufacturer designed it and to route it anywhere else clever …funny …pretty or whatever else you want to call it is wrong…

Don’t get all hurt and uppity.

What harm does it cause?

None of us know why it’s there.

I’m not hurt or uppity partner…i just know where it is supposed to go and it is not there…simple, case closed, it is wrong…they would have a hell of a time keeping that bowl clean with the re routing of the bowl water and i can’t imagine why anybody would want to alter a water closet in that fashion…

do you read my posts?

Mike, why would it result in less water in the bowl? I’d think it would just take longer to fill up. But it’s still going to stop at the same point.

50% right.
SUSPECT: UNCONVENTIONAL PLUMBING APPLICATION OF THE COMMODE WATER SOURCE. IE: The commodes water source has been altered with an plumber T intersection. A secondary water line is dispensed over the tanks rear and enters the flooring.
Siphonage and cross contamination are present.

LIMITATIONS: We could not follow the line.

RECOMMENDATION: A licensed plumber repair or replace the commode water entrance and evaluate the secondary line and remove.

So your answer is: An EPA Pamphlet that is irrelevent. Your garden hose is a potential for cross contamination. Does that mean they should all be outlawed?

Dominic
the tank will fill to the same point due to the diaphram in the flush valve to the left in the picture…the flush tower to the right in the picture obviously has no water connection to the unoccupied female fitting …this is where that line is supposed to go and with no water supply to that fitting, bowl water will be essentially non-existant…

Domanic.
I will field this one.
The fill line is usually lower than the levels shut-off.
The fill line or tube is roughly half way down the tank.
It allows a quieter fill-up.

Introduce siphonage and the secondary line will suck water from the tank.

In most tanks the is about a 2" zone or differential between a full tank (topped up)and the amount of water that is removed through evaporation or ball stopper leakage before the fill lever is tripped that starts the process all over again.
Hence forth a lower level ether or.

I hope I was understood. I do not understand a word said.:wink: HA HA HA

That is how I see it also Dom, which is why I’m not jumping into this one more unless it really goes all haywire. I think maybe a viewpoint is misunderstood, or perhaps what is actually happening in the pic. Oftentimes things get way over analyzed on this MB. :wink:

Robert… look closely!

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f22/58403d1346857828-toilet-line-p8217251.jpg

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f22/58404d1346857856-toilet-line-p8217250.jpg

The tread asks a question of were when the logical question would be what do you see.
IMO of course Jeffrey.

I looked at the photos.
The extra line in my opening is irregular at best.

Cross contaminations. One of the first subjects I learned from plumbing in INACHI education.
Then there is , were the hells that water going and I hope there is no leak in the secondary line seeing how it was so professionally installed and all.

When in doubt write it up.

Because that water going down the tube helps fill the bowl.

http://www.plumbingqa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/toilet_diagram.gif

Too much information and calling for a plumber without knowing what is going on is dumb.

KISS

Just my take.
I see the tube looks short Jeffrey. can it act as a siphoning tube?
good point.
I suspect the job is unprofessional.

What it should look like.IMO

Agreed “Keep It simple student.”
Thats a simple issue. No deal killer.
Hay who invested that word, I kick the beejesus out of them>>>>>>Hay You come over here I heard…:mrgreen:

It’s a soft recommendation in my report and review.

I do post inspection reviews Michel. THEY ARE FAMOUS BY THE WAY.
When explained to the client its a small issue and not worth negotiating then on to the next recommendation.

But lets look at the water going somewhere issue.
**Litigation if not explained **by the client that bought the home and the ceiling came crashing down on them because someone jury rigged a grow opp.

Gee that’s why I did not understand they layout of the upstairs as the inspector questions him/herself after they are called to view the evidence…

“I thought soething was not quite right.” They mumble quietly.

Write hard talk soft.

Recommend: Let them take responsibility because you can not explain what you observed.
A dam plumber would be scratching his crack as he bends over to see, what the F U C K is that??? Wonder were it goes???

First question I asked Duh!

Explaining things to your client is fine.

Treating them like fools is something else.

I have never thought of any client as a fool.
That would be prejudice.
That’s another thread:-)

Grow op from a toilet valve. Oh please. That is just silly.

And not enough water either unless you crap a lot. :wink: Let me think about it.