Tools for Wind Mit

Just passed the Florida state exam and looking at what I need for wind mit. I looked at the MT6 and saw there is an MT7 for a few bucks more. Is it worth it?

I’m also looking at measuring wheels. The one they stock at Lowe’s seems a bit cheapish. Any specific recommendations? Short of that, can anyone give me an idea of what price range I need to get into to be happy. Since I’m just starting out, I only want to be happy. I don’t have to be deliriously happy.

1 Like

I’ve used many ones & this is the one I’ve come to like the best.
Fit’s in my pocket ready to go.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Starting up has a lot of expenses. I’m not averse to spending money, but naturally I don’t want to spend more than I need.

The scanner posted is a good one. I have one.
-measuring tape
-telescoping pole (if desired) to mount your camera for those hard to reach roof to wall attachments.
-black markers I use the Milwaukee ones
-metal ruler to measure roof deck thickness
-a good camera or phone
-flashlight
-measuring wheel
I got everything at Home Depot except the pole and the scanner

1 Like

Is the MT6 still required to find nail spacing or another model like the MT40 can be used after the revision of the OIR-B1-1802 in 2012?

Michael, the 6 was never actually a requirement rather the more expensive one many prefer. The 40 works just fine but does take some understanding of the model’s features to best use it. It actually has two modes when you read the ‘destructions’. I use it and it works just fine.

Torch (bright and rechargeable from the Trucks power)
Rulers (I use a folding carpenters ruler as it allows me to measure things away from me)
Black Marker
Pole for moving insulation is handy
Ladders that you feel safe standing on at 18 ft high (I use the aluminum folding ladders)
Camera (I use a Samsung S21 Ultra and it has 10* Optical zoom.)
Water cooler for post attic heat
Neck cooler (damp towel or plenty of optoins)

1 Like