TORO Flow/Pressure Gauge

Originally Posted By: kdemski
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I stopped by Home Depot today and saw the TORO Flow/Pressure Guage for $49.95. ProfessionalEquipment.com is selling the same unit for $99.95. Thought I’d pass this along. Does anyone use this?

Originally Posted By: jpeck

I have one.

Been in my tool box about, ummmmmm ... 10 years or so now. Oh, you asked if anyone used it. No, I have just played with it a few times.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Ken,

I use the Sentry Flow Meter.
![](upload://tfeCeb4uq12EWJk4UeOSh9CU0Mp.jpeg)

vs the TORO Flow/Pressure Gauge

The biggest difference is that instead of having the gauges right at the spigot, they are at the opposite end of the hose. This makes it WAY EASIER to attach in cramped areas and confine areas. That equates to saved time and staying dry!

I got mine from Jeff and Julie at Tool Experts (see recent article regarding NACHI member savings at Tool Experts http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=3681&highlight=toolexperts)

One last thing Ken, I do use mine...if you are not going to use it that often, or if you are buying it to just add to your list of tools, then quality and ease of use is not important. In other words, think about getting the Sentry Flow Meter, you will thank me in the long run.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Thanks for the replies.

Good point, Jeff. But wouldn't attaching a small lenth of hose to the TORO accomplish the same thing? And then you could measure both flow rate and pressure with one tool.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

kdemski wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Good point, Jeff. But wouldn't attaching a small lenth of hose to the TORO accomplish the same thing? And then you could measure both flow rate and pressure with one tool.

Yes, attaching a small length of hose would give you that same flexibility, and you would get the better quality of the Toro unit.

Unlike Harvey implied (at least that is the way it seemed to me), I do not buy tools just to buy tools, I buy them to use them. Sometimes I find that I do not have much use for the tool after I buy it, but I keep them in my van, just in case.

You can tell the difference in quality of those two devices just looking at the two photos Harvey posted. The one from Tool Experts looks like a toy. I am not knocking Tool Experts, I know Julie and Jeff, and have bought tools from them. I am knocking a person knocking a better tool by showing a cheaper tool. If adding a 2-3' section of hose to the better tool (the Toro) would improve it and make it easier to use, then do so.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Sorry to call you “Jeff”, Harvey. Have no idea where that came from (my early senility acting up again?).

I agree with Jerry regarding the quality-comparison. Quality tools make a statement (provided you know how to use them) and, in my opinion, are integral to our marketing efforts.

Originally Posted By: hgordon

jpeck wrote:
I have one. Been in my tool box about, ummmmmm ... 10 years or so now. Oh, you asked if anyone used it. No, I have just played with it a few times.

My point is I do use one. Not the one he wants to get because I have used it and it is cumbersome.

You have, I am sure, purchased many tools and it stands to reason that you have some you don't use. No big deal.

Quote:
You can tell the difference in quality of those two devices just looking at the two photos Harvey posted. The one from Tool Experts looks like a toy.

Now as far as quality, you have not used one in two years (by your own admission) and you also want to decide what is best based on a picture....OK.

Quote:
I am knocking a person knocking a better tool by showing a cheaper tool.

Go ahead Jerry, if beating on me makes you feel better....have at it. I still respect you.

So let me say publicly:
If someone feels that my statement "One last thing Ken, I do use mine...if you are not going to use it that often, or if you are buying it to just add to your list of tools, then quality and ease of use is not important." was in any way directed toward Jerry, please note that it was not.

Finally Ken, whatever you decide is fine. In the end, I was just throwing in my 2 cents since you asked if anyone used it.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org