Training

Originally Posted By: Kenneth R. Hadley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

O.K. I want to become a “Home Inspector”.I work a full-time job(for now)soooooo I would just love some info. on correspondence schools.I have a packet from Thomson Education-Direct. The cost is $489(books,videos,and tech. support)…Any and all suggestions on schooling would be appreciated.Keep in mind,I know nothing about home inspection.I have talked with some local home inspectors here in SLC about training and was basically told to ask a lot of questions,so I am…Just lay it on me,anything ya got…Thanks icon_question.gif

“I’m here,cuz I’m not all there”

Originally Posted By: Mike Nelson

Ken

Check out hometraining.com. They’re even located in your home state.

Mike

Originally Posted By: rkuntz

Kenneth

NACHI has a free library of tapes and books plus you get a lot of help. I join last summer and learned a lot and have definely got my money back in help and learning opportunities. If you haven't join yet that is a good place to start.

Ron Kuntz
Pro-Spect

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

Kenneth,

Get on the internet and look. You will find expensive, cheap, long, short, etc. You need to evaluate each one from your own perspective. As you were told, ask questions. You need to base your choice on what you already know of building construction and maintenance (all systems ) and what the school can teach you. If you have little to no knowledge, you need to seriously consider attending a school, if you have a good knowledge, then take a correspondence course and contact a HI that will allow to ride along for some inspections.

Bob