Trying to decipher the age of this boiler

Anybody know how to tell the age of a boiler from this plate? Thanks!

According to their website, they introduced the Model 4 in 1971. I would guess pre-1971.

Also…

Cleaver-Brooks Company…used asbestos in its boilers and boiler parts for nearly five decades

5 Likes

2024-02-24_131139

2 Likes

old, very very old…

We have a set of them at our church. I’ve told a group of deacons (some fairly old) that the first time they came to visit our church those boilers kept them warm. Now it’s time to seriously consider replacing them.

1 Like

boilers can last a long time but those ones have exceeded their reasonably expected service life…better to shop when You have time to find a good deal than having to pay a premium when it becomes an emergency situation…tell those Deacons if You replace them now they wont have to worry about doing it again…

That’s exactly what I’m telling them. We’re trying to begin making changes based on a 40-50 timeline rather than 10 years and just kicking the can down the road. I’d still like to know how old the units are, though, just for my own curiosity. I’ve been around them for 30 years and they were old back then.

1 Like

Thanks, guys, for the input!

1 Like

the fuel savings alone given the boost in efficiency should be an added incentive…a few years back we replaced our 50 year old windows in the main auditorium and replaced the furnace and ac with more efficient units and the savings was significant as well as a much more comfortable auditorium…

2 Likes