Tube near washer drain??

Anybody know what this small tube near the washer hose bib/drain is? New construction so i assume it hasn’t been trimmed yet. Looks like it goes up to the attic but there is no equipment up there. Maybe it goes to the vent stack…but why??

Almost looks like a refrigerator water supply line from the picture.

Some dryers now have a steam option and may need a small bit of water for the option.

Just guess’s from the pictures

Possibly a discharge line from a condensate pump attached to the air conditioner. The other option is the backwash discharge from a water softener.

I’m with Mark on condensate pump line

Thanks guys, yep its just like the line going to the refrigerator. I’m going with a water/steam line for a new style dryer.