Type of Water Distribution Pipe

Inspecting a home built in 1966 which is about 6 years after galvanized pipes where commonly used. What are your best guesses is the material for the pipe that forms a T? Is it painted copper? It felt light and thin like copper when tapping on it. I am no longer on site and can’t scratch the pipe to expose what I think is copper or do a magnet test. Lesson learned for next time! Any help would be appreciated.

I would say that its painted copper.

1 Like

painted copper, you can always scratch a small part to mak sure.

Painted copper it is… :smile:

This looks like galvanized.

Maybe a gas line…

Thanks for the help guys!

Yes. Copper. Use a magnet if you think something may be steel.