Unknown square box on electrical panel

Does anybody know what this is. There’s no markings other the the square d on the unit. It’s double tapped into the main lugs for the panel.

power surge protector, improperly installed.

1 Like

What Simon said. It was probably installed by a lazy electrician at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. It is a simple correction.

I believe it is an improperly installed surge protector… :wink:

1 Like