UPS/FedEx Delivery Failure Email Virus

[FONT=Arial][size=2][FONT=Arial][size=2][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][size=3]Just passing this along, Snopes says it’s legitimate.[/FONT][/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][size=2][FONT=Arial][size=2][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][size=3]With Christmas fast approaching . . . . . . . . . . .watch out for this… be alert…[/size][/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica CE]Please read the following. It applies to FedEx as well, Thanks.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]============ ========= ========= ========= =========[/FONT]
**[FONT=Helvetica CE]**The newest virus circulating is the [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica CE]UPS Delivery Failure[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica CE]. You will receive an email from UPS Packet Service along with a packet number. NOTE: The word packet is mis-spelled on this line. It will say that they were un-able to deliver a package sent to you on such and such a date. It then asks you to print out [/FONT]****[FONT=Helvetica CE]the invoice copy attached. DON’T TRY TO PRINT THIS[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica CE]. IT LAUNCHES[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica CE] THE VIRUS! [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica CE]Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home. This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica CE].[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica CE]Snopes confirms that it is real:[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica CE]http://www.snopes. com/computer/ virus/ups. asp[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]
[/size][/FONT]

Thanks Christopher.

Thanks for the warning Chris. Especially this time of year with all the internet purchases for the holidays. Greenie for you.

Thanks Christopher!

That was my thought Stephen, internet purchases and gifts from out of town relatives. It could be easy to fall for.

Oh, and thanks for the :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info. I have already received at least two of these in the past week, they never reached my inbox. My ISP offer Emscan. Its a great tool that every POP3 mail server should be running. It costs about $3/Mo for them to implement.:cool: Also stops alot of phishing scams, VIRUSES and the best of all the SPAM.
Carl