Vent Stack Distance Wording

Could you guys give your opinion on wording for vent stack distance from windows

Each vent shall terminate not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) from, or not less than 3 feet (914 mm) above, an openable window, door, opening, air intake, or vent shaft, or not less than 3 feet (914 mm) in every direction from a lot line, alley and street excepted.

Report on it. It won’t get changed but you’ll be covered when they’re trying to sleep to poop smell. :grin:

Possible narrative:

I recommend the vent, terminate not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) from, or not less than 3 feet (914 mm) above, an openable window for enhanced safety and correctly accepted positioning per professional practice.

2 Likes

So very true

Evening, Robert.
Hope this post finds you well.

System vent or flue clearances, I turn to Inspectapedia.

Plumbing Vent Distances & Routing Codes

1 Like

Thank you sir

1 Like

Please Robert, refer to me as Robert.
Sir would be an eloquent acknowledgement to someone senior in years, or to person of stature for words of advice or wisdom, a formormal acknowledgement thanks for assistance, say financially or aid during a difficult situation, let’s consider a situation for which there would be likely no form of arbitration or for backing a venture they wished to pursue without the full means to do so.

Best regards.
Robert Young

PS: My pleasure, Robert.
Keep well.

2 Likes

I would put in the report that the vent stack is not installed within modern codes requirements. Looks like a very old home and you do not know what the codes were at the time of construction.

1 Like

Rethink that avenue of observation. KISS.
Read SOP.
Observation: Plumbing.
Plumbing vent termination. Location: Rear Right side roof. Poor clearance.

2 Likes