Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
It's good to own a mask. But when you see vermiculite, just don?t touch it, stir it or disrupt it in any way. If it does contain asbestos, the fibrous particles will easily float within the attic and can penetrate your respiratory system.
I just tell my client that Vermiculite may contain asbestos and not to disturb the attic area. If they?re concerned, they can always have it tested.
If you observe a whole house fan in this situation (which I have), advise your client against using this fan until the Vermiculite has been tested for asbestos.
Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."