Wall Type

Hey Guys,

Could you help this inspector in South Africa if you know the answer? Here’s the message he sent me this morning:

Hi Aaron
I have a question not relating to Spectacular, I hope you can assist me. In South Africa 99.99% of houses are brick and mortar, occasionally we have interior walls made from dry walling but this is literally 0.01% of the time. I recently inspected a house in an area I am very familiar with and found the walls to be constructed in a way I am not familiar with, and would like to know from you, or if you know someone who could tell me more about it just from the photos attached.
In my experience, guniting of swimming pool walls is the closest thing I have seen to this construction. In the pics you will see what seems to be some type of expansion foam centre, reinforced on each side with cement overlaid both sides.
Would you be able to tell me what this is or point me in the right direction?

More here: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=0BC607517CD5BA7E&id=BC607517CD5BA7E!242&authkey=!AKUhr0EgEBcbPAg&v=3

Thanks guys…
Aaron

wag
foam core possibly Polyisocyanurate based on color
welded wire reinforcement
mortar/stucco finish

seems ridiculously expensive by usa standards for interior…unless zoned hvac is applicable is the only reason i could fathom

wag
foam core possibly Polyisocyanurate based on color
welded wire reinforcement
mortar/stucco finish

seems ridiculously expensive by usa standards for interior…unless zone hvac is applicable is the only reason i could fathom

Sort of the opposite of CFC :slight_smile: It might be economical for a place where labour is cheap and building materials are expensive. Old houses have plaster walls…

Thanks guys… I’ve forwarded the message…

I’m curious. What is CFC? (I thought they were banned for destroying the ozone!) Looks like a concrete insulated panel type of construction from the pictures. Never seen it done that way, but, I’ve never seen a lot of things!
Thanks!

Contact Kenton. He designed and taught Nachi courses in South Africa, while living there.

Kenton Shepard, CMI

InterNACHI **
** Director of International Development

Director of Green Building
EXPERT WITNESS SERVICE
** www.hinarratives.com
**052 777 246 4676 (preferred)
052 777 154 5451 Cell
**INSPECTION SERVICES WORLDWIDE

Whoops ICF Insulated Concrete Form