Watch out for Mark Pil!!

Got a Scam email today. Here’s what I received.

[FONT=arial]Hello,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]This is mark,i will like to know if you available for the home inspection of the new house that i just purchase for my mother and what area do you serve then do you accept credit card payment too.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Thanks,i will be expecting your reply back asap.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]I’m full up so I sent this guy’s contact information to a friend of mine. This is his reply.[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks for your reply back…I have hearing impaired that is why am using via e-mail to contact you now,i just brought the house for my mum and i want all the house inspection service done because have be looking for a good Home Inspectors and can you go into the house for the inspection.

(Full House Home Inspection: 4,000 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)

Let me know so that i can alert the former house owner to have the house keys deliver to you,also need a little favor from you because haven’t payment the balance up fees for the house which is sum of $1500 to balance up and i will be expecting your reply back asap.

Thanks.

[FONT=Verdana]It’s apparently the latest and greatest in the Nigerian Scam. My friend became suspicious as soon as he got THE SAME EMAIL from this clown and decided to Google him. Check out the link

http://www.videomywedding.com.au/scam-alert-mark-pil/

Watch out guys!

[/FONT]

Got the same one about 3 weeks ago. So did another NACHI inspector in Olympia. What a pain.

Yep, got that too last night.

Got it last night but it was delivered straight to the spam folder. So I didn’t bother even to reply to it.

I got this too, unfortunately for the sender, I spent a long time in IT security and in detection of internet crime. I’ve passed the information off to my Security Consultancy Company and they are going to investigate.

They’ve already identified a mime-encoded header in the email that allows the other end to track where mails are sent from, which provides further information. It’s a typical Phishing exercise, where the first e-mail opens the door and then is followed by a series of seemingly unrelated mails each of which builds a profile about you until they have sufficient to steal you Identify, or money or both.

I’ll be posting updates as I get them on the OntarioACHI message board here.

My team have already identified that the mail was sent from a town called Kachia in Central Nigeria.

Just got the same one yesterday just deleted it looked like a scam.

Fortunately this email went straight to my spam folder too.

I asked for a face-to-face meeting with Mr Pil at Ali Hassans shop in Kachia, and requested I bring along a couple of friends from the FBI. It’s gone strangely silent from his end.

No threat at all and I get them at least once a week. As for the FBI they have bigger criminals to catch.

I never question you on Safety Kevin, as I recognise that the training you’ve had puts you in a uniquely experienced position. Why is it you suggest you know more than others in areas you obviously do not:

http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/e-scams

and