Website Review

I would get rid of that merchant seal in your footer and replace it with the credit card symbols showing your potential customer that you accept VISA, MASTERCARD, etc.

Links to your SOP don’t open in a new window, so when I click on them, I end up on InterNACHI’s site and lose your site: http://phiinspection.com/dev/?page_id=118

Get rid of the skyscraper watermark thing in the background of every page. Makes me think you only do commercial inspections.

Drop the mention that your reports are produced on HomeGauge. No consumer cares. It detracts from your brand.

Also, your kind of split in your branding between your company name and your personal name. You might want to lean more toward your company name.

Also, drop “PHI” reference in your About tab. I figure out it is the initials of your company name, but again, it is only immediately evident to you.

Kill the “Contact Me” column header in the footer, and remove your name. Just put your phone number and a live linked email address.

Facebook icon dead.

If you don’t have a facebook page, take that down along with google and linkedin icons.

It’s a Free Wordpress Theme called Vantage. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Wow thanks nick! I will pass this onto HG. I still have a lot of work left to get make it live. I am still working on sample report, Facebook page, and a few others.
Frank, I have full control once they turn it over to me.

Do you have to use Wordpress to edit your site?

Yes you have to use wordpress.

It looks like some of my suggestions are already being implemented.

Do you know how to use Wordpress?

Yes… Well I shouldn’t say yes as in I am a web designer. Look at my current website. I built that one. And that is the reason why I ponied up and had HG start on a completely new theme. Also, I am going out to the HG software and Word Press training in January. After that I should be able to make changes as needed and add new content regularly.

Nick, thank you for taking your time to list all those things out. I am going to send these changes to Kate and Sarah.

I can’t review the “sample report” What am I missing?

The sample report has not been uploaded yet. I still have some things to add to the site. I was looking for feedback on the layout, design of the site before we put more time into it.

Some of these comments are because his site is not live like the quote above. This is just a temporary spot while they build it.

Also some of Nicks points are opinions. For instance the Contact us link etc.

And many agents recognize HomeGauge …believe it or not.

Also its up to the inspector on how much INACHI branding he wants.

Other points Nick makes are valid and are being corrected/improved.

Thank you Russell! And for everyone else, I couldn’t be more pleased with the service HG has given. If you need a website built or a face lift on you site give them a try, especially for the price.

HG has my web content as of today. Hoping for some great things. Haven’t used wordpress, but I’m seeing a lot of it. We’ll see…

If it comes back to me all white-I think I’ll scream!!!