Website suggestions

Hello everyone. I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to check out my website and give me some feedback on where to make improvements. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Www.gradeahomeinspections.com. Thanks in advance

There is some controversy about what I will say, but I would get rid of the fee page. You want people to call you to ask about your services and fees. If all they have to do is look at your web page they won’t call and you won’t be able to talk to them.

10 Likes

I still think the verbiage surrounding the buy back guarantee is asking for trouble when displayed like it is on your website. I thought the logo was going to be updated at some point to not use “We’ll.”

Also, saying "if we miss “anything” I think is something that could come back to haunt you. There is a long thread on the forum somewhere that talks about how these things landed one inspector in court.

4 Likes

I missed the buy back guarantee. I would get rid of that. I don’t use that and I think it is a gimmick that is liable to cause more dissatisfaction than it is worth. A person who has their house “bought back” is a dissatisfied customer.

The 25000 dollar Honor Guarantee is a better deal. It indicates you are Bonded as well as insured.

35-low-resolution-for-web-png-for-use-on-light-backgrounds-1588860895

2 Likes

I would suggest that your phone number be much larger and put on the banner at the top of the page so that it is Alway’s visible.

What If i am a potential client and want to know what your service areas are?

I agree with Bob on the Fees page, you want that phone to ring to inquire about you, your services, and you can sell yourself and provide why your a better option than the last inspector they called

5 Likes

Yeah, so, if you’re a criminal and steal stuff from your clients, that’s a great thing… :roll_eyes:

InterNACHI® will pay up to $25,000 (USD; maximum collective aggregate) for the cost of replacement of personal property lost (and not recovered, restituted or insured) during an inspection and stolen by an InterNACHI®-certified member who was convicted of or pleaded guilty (or no contest) to any criminal charge resulting from the member’s taking of the client’s personal property.

That’s pretty cynical. We are talking about marketing, not what anyone is liable to do. Lots of professions have surety bonds, and many times they are required by law. Does not implicate you in any way to criminal behavior.

Does the “Buy Back Gaurantee” imply you will miss something?

1 Like

I posted a direct quote from the NACHI Honor Guarantee link, viewable by the public, who is the intended “marketing” target.

It ain’t nothing but what it is…

A surety Bond! (insurance)

The cynicism is your remarks.

If the insurance (Bond) pays out they will came after the inspector.

1 Like

Morning, Dustin.
Lots of impute to recommend.

1: Your front page is sparse.
2: Contact Us is not linked to your InterNACHI booking page. Click on this link anyone.
Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You Your phone will ring and you can set text messages and emails to your phone.
3: Facebook - LinkedIn - Twitter - Pinterest badges front page.
4: Inspection Image carrousel with links. 7 solid links per page.

Look at Creating the Ideal Home Inspection Website

NEVER, EVER place this link on your website!!
They already found you. Why the hell would you send them to someone else’s website??
Stoopid!!

5 Likes

The “find out more” button should show a phone number, if it’s going to just try to start a phone call.

You can experiment with disclosing fees up front. It’s something people are nervous about: disclosing it may work out in your favor as people may assume it’s MORE expensive. Don’t discount however.

Dustin,
Thats a sharp looking website and even better looking family. If I might make one suggestion it would be to add a map or list of your service areas to the website.
Best wishes for the New Year.

1 Like

Hi Dustin, some good advice above. Off the cuff I have one opinion for you to consider. The verbiage swings from “Us and we to I” . If you are a solo inspector, I would indicate this. In fact, as I was reading your page…I wanted to know more about you. Your experience, your personality etc. If you have a support staff, I would introduce them as well. As of now, it appears to be very generic other than the photo of you, which I think is good marketing.

3 Likes

Well your opinion is not fact. I have replied to, and booked more inspection using this method.
Plus, every click is SEO juice.

Well, you are Canadian, so there’s that!

(No offense to my actual Canadian friends)! :wink:

2 Likes

Personally I woudn’t only remove the statement in quotes below but I wouldn’t offer ANY type of “warranty” on anything.

“I offer a one year warranty with all of my inspections. This means that if I note a defect that is fixed within a year of the inspection date, I will gladly return to the home and verify that it is repaired correctly at no additional cost for the visit.”

The inspection is for the day and time of the inspection only, IMO offering any type of warranty can, and has gotten some inspectors on the wrong side of the client when a claim is denied, also we as inspectors are generalist, I always recommend that all repairs be made by qualified contractors in that specific field.

If you re-inspect a job that was done by a licensed professional and you state to your client that something wasn’t done right, you could find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit.

I understand why you want to try to set yourself apart from the competition by offering a warranty, but the one best thing that will insure longevity in this business is performing the best inspection you can and delivering a fact based report that’s easy to read and understand.

Also, when in doubt, be sure to ask on this MB, there are experienced inspectors here willing to help.

5 Likes

I would start by switching ladders. A step ladder, to me, is mostly for indoor work.
Let me know if you want me to continue.

Yes please. I’ll take all the advice I can get

On my browser, your phone number is beneath what we call the “fold” of the screen. In other words, I can’t see it unless I figure out that I have to scroll down. Move your phone number up above the fold.

Let me know if you want me to continue.