websites and home inspection

Originally Posted By: captainc
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

what do home inspectors REALLY need in a website?Uploads? appointment scheduling, etc.? Does anyone have some ideas on their ideal “best-in-class” site and how it would help do the job better and help their business grow?

we just started building professional sites for home inspectors and want to have the best product on the market....i was suprised how many mediocre sites are out there, but also realize those may be doing the job just fine, if a bit differently than i envisioned (which was more reasonably priced but still offering high tech tools / databases, etc).....any input is great.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/websites.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

icon_smile.gif there they are…those are ok…

But, I'm partial to our stuff (got to get this in here, somewhere, www.inspectionsites.com ).

Just didn't know if I was missing anything with my sites b/c when I'm cold calling you guys I've got to fasten my seat belt and pray for a sale...

if you get a call from me, don't hang up, just check out our site....

Originally Posted By: michael

I think that inspectionsites.com looks good. The sample sites look pretty professional and if that’s what you get for 50 bucks a month, then its pretty impressive.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Much of http://www.nachi.org/brochures.htm is applicable to websites.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I think that inspectionsites.com looks good. The sample sites look pretty professional and if that’s what you get for 50 bucks a month, then its pretty impressive.

Do you happen to be affiliate with inspectionsites.com Mr. Roberts? Sure sounds like it.

Glad you like it Michael.

Yes, its 49.99 a month, includes all set up fees and hosting, and as many changes as you want to make...only takes a couple days to get it rolling.

I thought the best part was being able to upload your reports and give your customer's login access, but it seems the no hassle idea and professional look are more appealing to everyone I've talked with...

anyhow, we programmed the whole thing, and tried to do it right....I see the discussion after mine was about a system that has reports online, reporthost.com . That is a nice concept / idea also... now I'm wondering if i can incorporate that into our stuff ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

either way, to answer Brian, I don't know who Michael is, all I can say from my side is he doesn't work for www.inspectionsites.com....sure sounds like it with the nice plug, and I hope to do business with him (JUST SIGN UP!!), but haven't a clue othewise...

(also, thanks for the brochure link. good stuff there for anyone...)

well. just found out, “michael” doesn’t really exist…nice (i know, there goes what little cred., i had)…anyhow, a behind the scenes employee dropped that spin on this board, and I wish I could remove it…but must go on…

yes Brian, it turns out "mr. roberts" is an employee of inspectionsites.com... he's been chastized (our phone conversation just ended a few minutes ago), and his account closed on this board....

at this point all I can do is apologize...maybe someone can remove this thread completely...![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif)

Originally Posted By: mbartels

Shameless icon_eek.gif

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

lol. totally.

funny thing, it wasn't me this time, and i got ticked....still laughing at that...

nice site by the way...

Originally Posted By: rpaul

I have had someone do my site and it is very professional too. The one thing I shot for is, I wanted my site to match all the material I had out there. Flyers, cards and Notebooks, it has happened. Everything you look at with my Name on it has the same logos all the way through. I think this also makes it easy for the consumer. I also put an order form right online. Now this is a trick to get people to use. Even today, real people are afraid of the computers so I have learned to adapt to that too.

I carry my appointment book with me every place I go. Just so I can schedule when the call comes in, no matter what I am doing.

I have gotten great reviews on my website too even by professional website builders and have been told by clients, “It was your website that made me choose you”

Rick Paul

www.rephomeinspection.com

new price drop for NACHI members. we keep getting lower and lower…

www.inspectionsites.com

Now just $29.99 a month if you are a NACHI member....25% discount on your own web presence.

do the math. check out the savings, no setup fees, no contract, unlimited use.

by the way, Rick, nice site…I agree with you. A web presence is a must for today’s marketplace. If its listed on your business card, mailing, or other marketing material, it is often the ONLY interface you have with a potential customer.

When you don't personally meet every potential client, your website does. Having it all tied together is an excellent idea, and you show the success.

While I'm partial to our stuff (and new $29.99 price, www.inspectionsites.com) its good to see some real examples of how the internet affects business. A bad website is like a bad first impression, you don't go back for another. But a good site is something that brings in customers and has tools that help you work....