I never saw this before - it looks like a dryer hose connected to the wh. All the references I have indicate a single walled metal pipe to be used as a gas appliance vent connector. Aside from that fact that it’s not screwed into the collar, this one doesn’t seem right. Any thoughts?
Yeah, this one was not double-walled and the ends were cut eliminating any labeling that might signify an approved material. I thought so. Thanks for the replies.
My point being - the connector is absolutely necessary at the B-vent transition. If it doesn’t have the proper connector, well, then it’s improper :mrgreen:
Good call Dale - Dura Connect - a new one for me. Jeff, you got it right too - no connector at top or bottom. So: proper vent connector with improper connections at the wh and b vent. I love this bb!
Much appreciated guys.
Hi Bill…I was just looking at my link…you know, I think that is rated as Type-B…but I am not positive…it says one inch clearance to combustibles as “B”…but I do not know the rating of the material without doing a little more digging.
Jeff Pope may know whether it’s “B” rated or not even being single wall.
I know it DOES NOT bend all that easy (i’ve tried it)…really some tough material.
Oh…and I forgot about the “Twist Lock Connectors” which was cut from the portion you have posted at the draft hood.