What do you guys give clients at the end of an inspection?

I’d like to know what you guys leave with a client at the end of an inspection, if anything, and they are present of course.

I just started doing this for the past few inspections. Clients seem to like it.

Custom home maintenance books and presentation folders.

I put in a “paid” invoice and a copy of a signed pre inspection agreement. Sticky dot a magnetic bottle opener in there, EPA pamphlets on mold, radon & lead(gets yanked post 78’), Nachi thank you card, Sam’s club membership, IAC2 pamphlets, and hire me for your home maintenance inspection, a standard business card and a magnetic one.

If they have kids I’ll throw this in there too.

If I like them I might even give them one of my water bottles. :blush:

If the house is occupied I leave these behind for the owner/occupant.

If kids live there I put one of these on their bedroom door knob(s).

Anyhow, curious what you guys do. I’m generally really dirty by the time the buyer gets to the inspection. I like them to come for a walk through right at the end. I figure at least I can present more professional. :blush:

6 Likes

I give mine a bill at the end and a book in the beginning that way they have something to do instead of squirreling me on everything they find.

7 Likes

Walter, that is a super sharp set-up. Have you considered baking cookies? :smile:

Just kidding, Good Stuff!

5 Likes

The best report possible and the promise that I will be available down the road to answer any questions.

17 Likes

Ditto that!!!

5 Likes

Same here.

7 Likes

I always tell the client they can call me anytime in the future. All this stuff costs less than $15 per inspection. I’m kind of glad to hear no one does anything! Makes me look good. :smiley:

4 Likes

Have you met Nathan…? I’m sure he’d l-o-v-e to meet you!! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I just gave them the best they could hope for…a through home inspection. Nothing else needed.

5 Likes

So far I’m stoked no one else does this.

2 Likes

Everybody does something, but not everyone wastes good money to do it!!

2 Likes

gimmicks everywhere
landfills overflowing
marketing cow, milked

Hi Walter,
This is awesome stuff. I think this marketing is a great tool.
I give out a binder with the home maintenance book inside. As well, there is a copy of the inspection agreement, 2 pages that explain about home inspections and a few sheets of graph paper if they want to do some notes and layouts. Of course my brochure and business cards.

I also leave a letter to sellers just like your notecard but its in a letter form. I like the note card idea.

2 Likes

i give 'em a couple sniffs of coke IF i have any left and that’s rare

16427750_1096633683796887_7147415289743118293_n

4 Likes

@wbernauer I think you enjoy your presentation and you probably pick up some inspections. It is one of those “if it works for you” kind of things. I find it hard to knock a successful inspectors marketing strategy. I actually really like the monster door hanger. As a father and grandfather, I can appreciate that.

3 Likes

In my opinion, you no longer have to sell yourself, after you finished the work. Because of this, it is a negative ROI. Plus, all the extra brochures and booklets are promoting the work of others, not you.

I think we all start out thinking that the buyer is going to continually look at the report to see what they should fix/address next. The truth is, and I think it has progressively gotten worse of the years, is that most buyers use the home inspection report as nothing more than a bargaining tool to try and get a few extra dollars knocked off the price of the home. Once they get past closing, it is forgotten about. That is until they move in and there is a major problem and they hope that you forget to report it.

4 Likes

I could care less if it all ends up in the dump. If one out 10 leaves me a review or refers me to a friend that’s all I need to keep doing it. And when possible I always make sure the agent is present when I hand over this stuff to the buyer. I give agents water bottles too if they keep throwing work my way.

6 Likes

I agree. I gave my binder to a buyer client the other day and the agent was standing right there and she smiled as of to say, ‘Wow, that was nice’. It’s just a nice touch and I agree, if I can show the agent that I provide a nice touch then additional referrals is all I’m after.

2 Likes

Giving your client something that they put on their bookshelf so that they can refer you to their neighbors, co-workers, family members, etc is probably the highest R.O.I. in our industry.

DEPUTIZE EVERY PAST CLIENT into one of your salespeople and make sure they have the tools they need to sell you.

5 Likes

www.giftsfromyourinspector.com

3 Likes