What form of marketing has had the best ROI for you?

I’m currently looking for good marketing options for my business offering radon only. I want to start with any free options and then use paid options. What do you guys say is the best ROI option? Nextdoor, email agents, etc.

Prior Clients word of mouth!

3 Likes

Thanks Jeffrey

Email agents

Btw… let me know if you need any radon machines. I have +/- a half dozen Sun Nuclear 1028s I’m going to sell. They’ve been great machines but I just have too many for the volume of biz I’m doing. I think most are coming up on needing calibration in the first quarter of 2023. They are kind of a “no-frills” machine compared to what’s out there but do the job and are affordable. I have to do some price comparison but it seems like I’ve seen them going for around $500/ea used.

1 Like

Beat me to it! :+1:

The best form of marketing is performing a great job for your client and having the past client referrals coming in. Can’t beat it!

3 Likes

And it doesn’t cost you…it pays!

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I have payed for nextdoor marketing and been emailing lots of realtors

If I remember correctly, part of your business plan was to be a sub for home inspectors? If so, get on the horn and start calling those in your service area. You can check their website first to see if they already offer their own radon services. Also, call some of those just beyond the fringes of your area. They may be interested in using your service when they have an inspection out of their area (but in your area), and don’t really want to incur the extra drive time to do the radon.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan I’ll definitely do that. I’m basically advertising to anybody and everybody because you can do a radon test with people at home. That REALLY opens up the market for me.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your website. Without one, people won’t believe you exist.

1 Like

It’s VERY basic, but for just radon that’s all I need.

1 Like

When you get time to add to your website you might want to add some information about what radon is and why it is important to have it checked and something about your credentials ( certification, licensing or whatever you have)

Defining your Service area might be a good idea as well.

Good luck as you start your business.

2 Likes

Good points thanks Bert.

3 Likes

Thanks Nick

If business doesn’t pick up in a month or so, I’ll buy a sewer scope and get sewerscan training and add that service.

On some of the advertising I’m using, I only get to write 70 characters and post 1 picture. What would you guys say is the best picture for a radon only business? Looking for something eye catching or “alarmist”.

3 Likes

Lol quite a bit less than that.

Eye catching, sure. I’m not sure about “alarmist”. People generally reject alarming advertising if it is not done perfectly. My advice, lean in towards eye catching educational advertising that is factual.
Though the potential customer may take notice of your alarming advertisement, they will seek a calmer voice for additional information or solutions.

2 Likes